icon

Clifford wiring help

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bt3668 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have some connection questions for the wiring on this system for a 97 pontiac grand am. I am Unsure of a few of the connections. Any help would be very much appreciated.where do i connect the Orange Armed Output wire?

What wire do I connect the WHITE/ BLUE (Remote start activation) wire too?

Do I need to use the domelight supervision or is that wire not needed?

what do I connect to the LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK (Factory Disarm) wire?

what do I connect to the GREEN / WHITE (Factory Rearm) wires?

I have window modules installed from my previous system. which wires do I use for it? I have 2 window modules, one for front windows up and one for front windows down. L

ast on the relay satellite there is a 4 wire connector with Blue(status output), Orange (2nd accesory output), Purple 200ma (starter output), Pink (3rd ignition output) Wires, what do these get connected too? 

Trimble Epic 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  

well, first figure out what clifford unit you have, then check for the install guide here:

http://www.directed.com/guides/igs.asp

bt3668 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
I have the RS 3.5 syste, but I am still unclear of what these wires connect to.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

The best advice I can give you is to get in there and try it out for yourself. As long as you're not dealing with any ignition wires the most that can happen in your case is a blown fuse..(Unless you have NO CLUE as to what you are doing.)

~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
Javelin3o4 
Copper - Posts: 239
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a rsx 3.5 in my firebird, i didnt use the white / blue, i used the blue w/ white on the harness that has the tach wire. The factory arm/disarm wires arent used unless you have a factory secuirty system that has to be bypassed in order to install the alarm. on the satellite relay the orange wire goes to your accessorie power wire, the pink and pink w/ white is ignition 1 and ignition 2, the purple wire is for the starter kill.  Also your car has an immobilizer system so you will need a 555l or 555t bypass module for the remote start to work.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic