icon

'94 Buick Lesabre alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
asab16 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 9:04 PM / IP Logged  

Guys My Lesabre 1995.....I have the 12volt trigger for the trunk......the wire rests @ zereo but when I punch the trunk release button the voltage goes up. Now the Question...........My R.S has a neg trigger for the Trunk release.....My relay setup should be ..................?

I think it should be this................        86= (-) trigger from alarm or keyless entery

87 + 85= (+)12volts

30= trunk solenoid (+) to trunk release switch or solenoid

or should it be the typical polarity change like the one u use on postive trigger power locks????

Please help

thanks '94 Buick Lesabre alarm/remote start -- posted image.

Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 26, 2004 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

|TRNK/HTCH RELEASE|BLACK/ white         |+  |low in drivers kick panel

Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  

Yeah I found the Postive Trunk wire (BLACK/ white in the door runner)..........My R.S unit has a Neg.Trunk trigger..........My question is.......do I setup a relay as mentioned above in my orginal question? Or do I setup for reverse polarity like if I were doing postive locks to a neg R.S trigger?

Please help I am awaiting a reply so I can finish my CAR.....THanks

mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2004 at 8:39 PM / IP Logged  
Your diagram is correct.
asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  

94 buick Lesabre

Guys......I installed a remote starter in my 94 Lesabre.....Problem with VATS.......The car starts Great with the Remote starter......No security Light or anything..........But when I use just the KEY....nothing Fancy just stick the key and turn on the car like I would with NO Remote Starter.......the car wont start.......and the security light just keeps flashing.......I have to Remote start the car....and the then put the key in.........Could somebody please HELP me......THanks

p.s all else works fine.......power locks unlocks trunk......everything is good except this

COuld u please help THANKS

ASAB16

asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  

Oh just to let u know I have used the Relay Resistor Method.......to By-pass VATS.

Trimble Epic 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:46 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like there's a relay somewhere that cuts the starter line with no normal bypass?

I have no idea, I'm just guessing

asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

Guys I have finished My Remote starter......but have a slight problem with VATS......Please read my problem in the security Section if u can help.......The question now....after I fix this problem......could u guys give some pointers on closing up.......I have 4 relays......and a ton of wires...........makes the panel look bulging when I try to close.....I would not mind some Advice......Anything right about now since I am a NEWBie and its my 1st install..

thanks

asab

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Check the relay wiring. Terminal #85 should go to the remote starter's ground out when running wire. Terminal #86 should go to 12 volts + ignition (Thick pink wire in the ignition switch). Terminal #87 - attach the resistor inline and attach to the thin white wire in the ignition harness for VATS that is not cut. Terminal #30 goes to the car side of the other thin white wire that you should have cut for VATS. Terminal #87a goes to the ignition key cylinder side of the cut thin white VATS wire. If done properly, this set-up will retain the integrity of the VATS system and will only bypass it during remote start.
sparky
asab16 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2004 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  

Sparkie thanx 4 the reply.....I did everything the way u mentioned......a few problems......firsty I connected to the IGN wire but on the R.S wire...IGN wire connected to IGN pink on the car..I suppose same thing since they are both connected......as well as I Cut BOTH The VAT wires in HAlf.....both of them..........it was a Slip up......so I than put a piece of wire in between on of the two wires to re-join......and from here I hooked up a Resistor......Mind u the car starts VIA REMOTE.......No problemo and will drive once I put the KEY IN....after R.S,,,,,,,,but Normal starting VIa KEy....it does not work.....Do u think its a defective RELAY....???????

Using the KEy I just get  a Security FLASH and NO CRANKIng or Starting only USINE R>S Can I start the CAR......

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic