icon

Video in 03 Envoy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 05, 2004 at 1:18 PM / IP Logged  

I'm looking to put a system in my 03 Envoy.  Anything special to look out for? anyone done one and have pics of finished product?  i have the front seat side airbags, is this going to present a problem installing headrest video monitors?

Thanks

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  
I would recommend that you consider using a overhead screen/DVD unit. You can use headrest screens, but finding a good location for your source unit, be it DVD or other is more difficult. There aren't any great hiding spots for them other than in the rear hatch or under the rear seats. However, if you want to fold the seats down or carry large cargo then they get in the way. Using a single overhead screen/DVD unit solves this problem.
sparky
kgerry 
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 3:17 PM / IP Logged  
any problems with the fact i have a sunroof?  the sunroof opening means that the overhead monitor will  have to be placed so far back that it is right in your face for an adult. I have a little one who will have to have her head tilted back all the time just to watch the monitor, versus being able to comfortably just look ahead at a headrest monitor.
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
vekoma6382 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2004 at 4:37 PM / IP Logged  

Vizualogic makes perfect-match headrests for the 03 Envoy. http://www.vizualogic.com/common_products/headrests/models/gmc_envoy.html#2002-2003

If it doesn't fit.......make it fit.
kgerry 
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  

i know, but they wont sell directly to me because i am in canada, and their Canadian distributor cant be bothered to return emails about pricing, etc.

most guys in sales never leave you alone, i've never had to chase someone to take my money before but geez.....

Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
securinu 
Silver - Posts: 772
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
we sell Myron & davis who also makes a exact copy plus we have matching fabrics as well in case you have fabric. Contact me directly i will be glad to sell you a set of headrest monitors. As for the dvd what we normally do is mount a mini dvd on the back side panel to the right side it is small enough where it doesnt take up to much space and still asscesible without moving seats around which can be a pain if you have child seats.
Joe O'Byrne
Owner / Installer
vekoma6382 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  

Myron and Davis huh?

Would you bet your house that Myron and Davis is a perfect match? Video in 03 Envoy - Last Post -- posted image.

If it doesn't fit.......make it fit.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic