icon

Bose sound in a J30

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flashalex 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
My girlfriend had just bought a 1993 Infinity J30 and the head unit is broken and can't be fixed. It is has a Bose sound system and head unit and I was wondering the easiest way to have this problem fixed. I was thinking about just buying an aftermarket cd player for it however the bose head unit has an external amplifier for each speaker. So what should I do just buy an aftermarket cd player and bypass the amplifiers or try and find the same cd player it has, and if that where can I find one.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 6:54 PM / IP Logged  
Take out the Bose and throw it as far away as possible, next drive over it with a F350 or similar vehicle until no part of the brand is identifyable. Then burn all peices and bury the ashes so it does not come back to haunt you. Can we please sticky what to do with Bose systems?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
....Or you can try ebay.  But it being that old it may not play CD-R's properly-if at all.  It would make things probably easier in the long run to just remove it and all the amp/speakers and replace em.  But at the same time,  If all of the amps/speakers still work and are intact you could get an aftermarket radio and wiring harness adapter for that car and be done without having to redo any wiring.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   Bose sound in a J30 -- posted image.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
get a new deck and speakers. the bose speakers in the car are going to sound like crap with an aftermarket deck.
cheagreen 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
Bose Car audio systems....LOL
Head Unit:Pioneer-Deh-1600
Fronts:Kicker 6x8 S57's
Front Amp:Coustic PowerLogic Amp460
Rear Fill:Stock 6x8's
Subs: 2 10" JL Audio W3's
Sub Amp: JBL bp600.1
Wiring: KnuKonceptz
Metra Tech 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

I agree with Rob except I would use a Freightliner to run it over and when your done, put in on the next Mars mission to have it buried there. That would definitely do it.

All joking aside, if the Bose amps and speakers work, use them if you have limited funds with a Metra wiring harness part# 70-1764 which is designed just for the older Infinity Bose systems. But definitely, if you have the funds, ditch the factory amps and speakers with new speakers and let the aftermarket radio power the speakers. And be forewarned, don't use the Bose speakers with your aftermarket deck. They are low impedance 1 ohm speakers.

flashalex 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  

where can I buy a metra wiring harness part#70-1764

Metra Tech 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  
Any Circuit City or Metra dealer or online at Install-Audio.com.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic