icon

anti skipping cd decks?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 4:26 AM / IP Logged  
well i know there is anti skip portable cd players (walkmans) but is there or will there be cd decks that have anti skip on them. cause really every damn time i play my cd's my subs hit bass pretty low and cause the cd player to skip. is there a way around this instead of buying a whole new cd player. if so, how!?
xTimx
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 5:04 AM / IP Logged  

What type of head unit you have?

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
jvc kd1150 i believe.
xTimx
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

The brand spanking new MB Quart NRA450 has a true 30 second anti skip buffer. It was designed for a boat but will definintely find it's way into any car, it's an awesome cd player and looks great.

One of the prime reasons that your cd player in skipping is the shock wave of the subs is at the resonant frequency of the laser sled. When this happens the more powerful of the two will overcome the other, in this case the laser sled and cause it to mistrack. Most laser sleds are tuned to resonate in the 50-80 hz range. To my knowledge the only people who have a better laser transport is Eclipse with a 19/7 hz tuned laser sled on a differentially tuned suspension controlled by 5 servos.

i hate to say it but a new cd player may be in your future, or mount your cd player inside of a box and close the cover over the box.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged  
ya no kidding..id hate to say it but..my sony cdx600x didnt even skip! i was thinkin about the pioneer model DEH-P8500MP and wondering if it'll be better..most likely it will be...but i aint going with an eclipse. sorry, i WOULD go for the speakers though! lol they're awesome!
xTimx
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
Consider the MB Quart like Rob suggested above. I doubt the pioneer would be much better then the jvc you have right now.
xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
bahahaha..well i dunno if i have much money, and plus i dont even know what it looks like either. if you have a pic...that will be great!
xTimx
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  

those walkmans with a min of anti-skip suck, , , i tryed running mine in my truck to see how it would do in a comp so i didn't have to take my deck outside and play it.    Whell, long story short...it skipped like crazy, then blew up and threw my cd into my dash as hyper speed, , , it was dam cool, haha

Gota love too much bass anti skipping cd decks? -- posted image.

xTimx 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
its weird, dont even buy the jvc kd1150, especially when you live in canada. today its like -15 below out, i just burnt a new cd, i put it in my cd player, and it started skipping even with the least amount of bass, but when i play the cd player for a long time, it gets warm and doesnt skip! :S its aggrevating!
xTimx
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 11:57 PM / IP Logged  
i had that jvc it skipped all the time but i got that pioneer 850 an it has never skipped with all the bass that goes thru the car. so i would suggest that pioneer.
southsider
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic