icon

Best 2-way LCD Alarm?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bassop823 
Copper - Posts: 64
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
If you really want the bitwriter take a look at e-bay. I have seen some on there for about 100 dollars.
bassop
superxox 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  
Does the Viper 791XV offer starter-kill or it's an optional device that needs to purchase seperately?
Puddy905 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

the 791xv has a starter kill output but you need the relay I believe. I don't use a starter kill bc I have the PASS II system, so it's kinda useless, plus unless you tuck the relay up inside no where's land, it's easy to remove.

I'll look into Ebay for the bitwriter.

thanks

I'm sooo excited to get this system in!! might do it this weekend!!Best 2-way LCD Alarm? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 11, 2004 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
the relay is built in on the 791, it's the same relay used for anti-grind
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 2:14 AM / IP Logged  

with the new DEI stuff, the starter kill is a part of the anti grind circuit.  it can be turned off in the securities programming.  no remote start has a 3rd ign on board, the micro relay pack from DEI is nice and small, and has the (-) triggers for extra starter/accy/status/ign.  you can do window mod and roll up with arm.  it has a 2nd status that is a 10min defogger (-) out put.  its best to buy a toggle switch to turn that off in the summer.

i just installed the clifford rs 3.5 after having an rs2 for years.  its a nice upgrade and having 5 channels is great.  im using trunk pop, dome light supervision, added actuators, defogger (4th ch.)  555L, wiper motors (5th ch), i went with passive arming and locking for the fun of it, a timer relay for the peizo siren so it doesnt go off with chirps, a second siren, hood and trunk merc switches, battery backup, a clutch bypass setup, and even tho it kills the remote battery im using the illumination on it.

installation was pretty easy after a good pre wire.  DEI wiring colors are nice to work with and the new micro relay packs really clean up the install.  with all the extra relays needed, i used multiple 451m's and tucked them away, i also chose to run a 12v line to the battery instead of the ign harness.

DEI makes a pretty good product that is reliable and they offer great tech support.  they have one of the best install books ive ever seen.

MECP certified installer
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
Do Not get black widow. whatever you do, stay away from it. I've seen nothing but problems with these units.
Puddy905 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  

Does the viper 791xv have a trigger output, so if I add window modules to ch 4 and 5 (up and down), when the alarm is activated it will activate one of the channels?

I hope to get all the prewiring done this weekend, shouldn't be too difficult since I'm only upgrading an alarm/remote start system that is installed already.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  

hey  sroth140    just curious.... why did you add a timer module to defeat chirps on the 3.5?   why not just program chirps off in the programming section?  you can permanently porgram it to silent mode or just defeat chirps via the remote before you arm or disarm it......

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
if you re-read the paragraph, i said i dont want the peizo inside the car to chirp.  the timer relay makes the siren go off for a few seconds so the peizo doesnt get activation from chirps.
MECP certified installer
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic