icon

Crossover Settings

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 12, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  

I've been swapping parts of my audio system lately trying a couple of subs that I picked up for pretty good prices (eclipse aluminum, Adire Tempest and Brahma, Koda components) and I've finally gotten back around to installing all of my original equipment back in. So this is what I have:

Factory Head (no choice no kit available yet, waiting to put my CDA-9815 back in)

JL 500/1 and JL 300/4

JL XR650-csi components

JL 12w6v2 in a ported enclosure.

OK, that's what I have. I'm running the 300/4 bridged to my XR's and of course my 500/1 is pushing the w6, what are general crossover points to start tuning at for my high's and my sub. It took me forever to tune this thing last time and I would just like some input.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2004 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Try using 70 to 80 hz for the 500/1 crossover setting and then set the 300/4's high pass crossover to the same frequency. Use what ever you think sounds best. You might want to go higher with the 500/1's and 300/4's crossover setting so that your XR components don't have to worry about producing as much bass.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic