icon

Middle of the road Power

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 2:05 PM / IP Logged  

Alright guys. I am in the process of getting a new car.. well.. not new, but another car. Its a 1991 Honda Civic Hatchback. I have been wanting a hatch for a long time, and this deal is too good to pass up, so i'm all over it. Anyhow. In this hatch, i want to have a loooooud ass system. I have a 700w rockford which has been good to me. If at all possible i'd like to keep it. My computer is really slow so I havent looked around online too much. So far i am considering the following 3 subs: 12w7, Brahma 12", and 12" TDX. Im not sure what kinda numbers those handle. Does anyone out there know of any other subs that compare to these subs? I know about eclipse, but i dont have any dealers around me so thats outta the picture.  Thanks alot.

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
cheagreen 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 4:10 PM / IP Logged  
I'd definetly go with the 12" brahma. Although that 700w fosgate amp would be a major diservice to that sub. With that amp, i'd buy two 12" JL w3 v2's in a ported enclosure. That'd be awesome, and plently loud.
Head Unit:Pioneer-Deh-1600
Fronts:Kicker 6x8 S57's
Front Amp:Coustic PowerLogic Amp460
Rear Fill:Stock 6x8's
Subs: 2 10" JL Audio W3's
Sub Amp: JBL bp600.1
Wiring: KnuKonceptz
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2004 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged  

Also look into the Alpine type-x , it is in the same league as the ones youe listed.

It will be out in april.

thapimpfromchi 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
what are the specs on that brahma? Alpine guy, i am considering that, and the MTX 9500. i completely forgot to put them on the list earlier. I have some web browsing to do. Any other leads on a good sub?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 12:28 AM / IP Logged  
Another thing, I am willing to go out and purchase another amp, if deemed neccessary. My amp is only 1.5 years old, and I have a 4 year warranty on her, so I'm not worried about that. I'm just trying to get a perfect sub for my amp. Would a 12" L7 work? i think the rms on them is 750. I'd be shy 50, no biggie. What about massive audio? I have seen their subs. They are built like tanks. (heavy as hell),  but whats the build quality? They looked pretty good to me, but they had that damn foam surround. Thanks.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
thapimpfromchi 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
alright, im the only one posting tonite. lol. no biggie. I went on JL's website, and I couldnt get any info on the W7? There is no power handling specs. Anyhow, that gave me another question, I saw that they have a 12 and a 13. Does the 13 sound any better than the 12?
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Ketel22 
Silver - Posts: 976
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 1:23 AM / IP Logged  
i would really reccomend the TDX from diamond. they are in equal with the eclipse in spl with better sound quality in sealed enclosures.  with only 700 watts most of these subs will be at a big disadvantage. you may want to also think about a pair of infinity kappa perfects, the Alpine Type R's and  Digital Design.
Quad L Handyman services
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

The 12w7 can handle 750 watts rms, the 13w7 handles 1000 watts rms. The increased surface area allows it to go a little lower but I always thought that the price difference between the two isn't worth it. The brahma mark II 12" can handle 1600 watts rms but it doesn't need that much to push it. I would definitely think about upgrading your amp for any of the speakers that you are considering, a JBL 1200.1 is a solid amp for a good price. Also the best value out of the subs I gave you specs for is the brahma you can get the 12" from http://www.easy-audio.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=70for $349 with free shipping. He is an authorized adire audio dealer and you will get the full manufacturers warranty when you purchase from him. I purchased from him before, he is an excellent dealer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic