icon

Python 881xp 03 Nissan Altima

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
luis0290640 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hello everyone, just installed Remote Start on the Altima yesterday. No problems installing everything works great. The Altima is equipped with a factory security system. The only problem I'm having is tapping into the factory door locks. I already ran wires thrue the door (arm PINK/BLUE)(disarm WHITE/ BLUE). Which wires from the Python do I use Green and Blue from the 3- pin connector, or do I use LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK AND GREEN / WHITE FROM SECONDARY HARNESS (H2). From what I understand it also requires a double pulse to unlock and lock, am I correct? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks Luis
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  

Yes use the green and blue from the 3 pin. The lt GREEN/ black and the GREEN/ wht are the factory arm and disarm wires, which are use to arm and rearm your factory security system due to the RS. As far as your lick and unlock wires go hook the green and blue wire to these wires

Power  Lock:

PINK (-)

PIN # AT BCM NEAR FUSE BOX

Power  Unlock:

BROWN (-)

PIN # AT BCM NEAR FUSE BOX *****

Just the unlock requires a double pulse you can program that from the valet switch. If you dont have your manual for the alrm still here is a link for it

http://www.directed.com/guides/manuals/ig/python/N564P_6-03.pdf

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
-yes you need 2x pulse for unlock. just program ur unlock to do 2x pulse.
-i believe someone mentioned single pulse for disarm.... plz confirm this. if you ran a wire to the car for disarm, then thats great, but you dont necessary need a 2nd one to rearm the fact alarm, you have the python to take care of it already.
-plz repost ur result
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
luis0290640 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks but doesnt the factory alarms have to disarm in order for the Python to remote start and vice versa re-arm after remote start shut down?
If i'm understanding correctly the 3pin connector Blue and green wire will take care of arming and disarming the factory security system. No relays required to tap into factory locks? (just like Honda locks?)Will this also take care of the horn or do I still have to tap into the wire in the steering column?
bmf1000d 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

You must hook your horn wire.  AS posted before hook your lock unlock wires to

Power  Lock:

PINK (-)

Power  Unlock:

BROWN (-)

No the factory security system will be disarmed by the

OEM Alarm  Disarm:

WHITE/ BLUE (-)

AT KEY SWITCH INSIDE OF DRIVER'S DOOR ***

OEM Alarm  Arm:

PINK/BLUE (-)

AT KEY SWITCH INSIDE OF DRIVER'S DOOR ***

Ok so to hook up your power locks you take the 3 pin connector from the python and hook

Blue from python to BROWN wire in your car

Green from the python to PINK wire in your car

Now for the factory ARM/DISARM you hook

GREEN / WHITE from the python to PINK/BLUE in your car

Light GREEN/ Black from the python to WHITE/ BLUE in your car

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
luis0290640 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks I'll try it out today
Luis
luis0290640 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks bmf1000d for the info. I finally have the Python completed. I do have a couple of questions. When you remote start do the doors have to unlock? Or am I wrong. How about the original Nissan key fob, can the factory system disarm the Python? From what I see the Python disarms the factory alarm, but not the other way around. One, more thing It doesnt need a double pulse to unlock the doors. Factory (DEI) settings for the Python are single pulse and seems to beworking fine. Now I'm just gonna give the system a couple of days to test the range of the transmiter. I would have to say this is an awesome Alarm.
LuisPython 881xp 03 Nissan Altima -- posted image.
bmf1000d 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
no you should be able to program the door locks not to lock on RS. No my friend its a one way street you can unlock the doors with the key fob from nissian but not the python
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
luis0290640 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry bmf1000d maybe I explained it wrong. Say your system is armed, doors locked. Once you activate the RS, does the alarm unlock the doors? If you say you can program that feature, can you show me how.
bmf1000d 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:15 AM / IP Logged  

Why would you want your doors to be unlocked when the car is remote started?

No the alarm does not unlock the doors when it is RS, that would defeat the purpose of having a RS. YOu could just go out and start your car with a key and leave it runningPython 881xp 03 Nissan Altima -- posted image.

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic