icon

Clutch bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
So finally after a few minor problems the last thing on my list for my alarm/keyless/command start unit is to fix the command start. Its all hooked up correctly, but i twouldnt work, just wouldnt turn over. Then finally remembering i drive a standard, and the clutch has to be in to start the car. so i did the little routine that you do with the a manual command start, only i ssat in the car, and held the clutch down and what do you know success! Then i hit myself because how could i forget that. (well they didnt mention it in the installation book). Anyways ive been reading about clutch bypasses, but what is the corret way of doing this. I still do not want the car to start without the clutch in, except for with the command start. Possible??
Thanks a lot,
Jeff
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  
Well i kinda feel dumb, i actually looked in my manual and i must of missed that page because it told me exactly how to do it.
Ill explain for anyone else who didnt get it.
Anyways 2 wires going to clutch and a rather large button on firewall, i do have the Complete Tear down/Rebuild book for the car (98 saturn sl1) So i verified the wires Yellow and Blue and looked in the manual and realized that the switch just completed the circuit when it was pressed.
There for for the relay
Pin 30 goes to one wire
Pin 87 goes to the other
** at this point i jumped the 2 wires togehter to make sure thye were the correct ones and it completly byapssed the clutch.
So now for safety i still wanted the clutch depressed when it was started by hand.
So negative from alarm went to pin 85
and 12v went to pin 86
Hope that helps anyone else.
Im amazed.
Thanks
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
or you just have run the crank wire from your RS to the starter side of the clutch wiring
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic