icon

battery

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
southside 
Copper - Posts: 220
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
 i got two 12's sony p5 series. an 1600w sony p5 mono amp. an was wondering about a new battery for it. i got a new alt. but it is stock. i don't want to tread on water that has been treaded on. i was thinking of getting some caps. but i read in hear that they are basically worthless. so please help me thanks.
southsider
superstreet786 
Silver - Posts: 339
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
just get an optima
---- 1996 Chevy S10 ----
1 Lightning Audio S2.600.2 Amp
2 Lightning Audio 12" Subs
1 Lightning Audio 1 Farad Cap
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
the yellow topped one?
southsider
pain 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

I have a stinger battery and hooked it between my amp and existing battery and it fried my alternator.. i didnt have an isolator between them... so it put tons of strain on my alternator...

Be Careful if youre gonna add another one... but if replacing stock go ahead.. no Probs

cya Pain

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  
caps are not worthless, but they are no cure all. a good high output alt is more important. a cap helps only if it's getting the current from a good alt. as far as a batt goes, i like dura last from autozone. it's a good starting batt, and has a 3 year free replacement warr.  i have 2 1000ca dura last golds and a 200amp alt, and a 400amp battcap. battcap is a 400amp batt and a 6 farad cap all in one. it's awsome.
Big Dave
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
so should i get 1 battery for starting my car an1 battery for my amp then too? an if so how would i hook that up. thanks.
southsider
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
so how would i hook up two batteries together, what would i need. i want my amp to run at a high output to my subs at all times an i want to keep my other battery. any suggestions would be nice.
southsider
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 11:31 PM / IP Logged  
well i would not worry about the 2nd batt till you get that ho alt. then you can get that 2nd batt. I run both mine under the hood. i have a full size bronco so i have room. you can run a isolator between batts. i don't, but you can if you feel safer. i run my + from batt #1 to the + of the #2 batt, and the neg from the 1st to the neg on the 2nd batt. then i ground the neg from both batts to the frame. then i hook up the + of the one batt closest to the  starter seloniod to the seloniod. then i have a 1/0 power cable going back the the battcap and my amps. if you don't feel like you can do the work yourself by all means seek a professinal!!!
Big Dave
southside 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
thank u.
southsider

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic