icon

he2 fosgate

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
walty220 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  
my 12" has a big ass low end, but it barely pounds the beats, mids and highs in the bassline dont even come out, unless the song has deep bass,its not real loud,u can barely hear the sub, my 4x10's play the beats and the sub plays the real low lines.. is this right??
1983 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds
--------------
Pioneer Premier DEH-P360
KICKER K35 & K410 Speakers
KICKER KX150.4 Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate PUNCH 1200W Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate PUNCH 800W 12" HE2
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  
A subwoofer is only intended to play low frequencies. No mids or highs should be coming out of it. If you want more midbass, you should think about getting some 6 or 6 1/2 inch midbass drivers. You might also want to consider getting an amplifier for your mids and highs (as the deck doesn't put out very much power). This will make your mids and highs sound better, and assuming the amplifier has crossovers, you will have more control of the frequencies being sent to the Kickers.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 9:06 PM / IP Logged  

If you want more midrange kick then try using a good 6 1/2" sub under the dash or upfront somewhere. JL makes a good one made specifically made for this in their W0 line. Another option is to, like aggie altima said, use a small amp on those 4X10s. I would probobly try an external amp before the sub unless you feel like your 4X10s can't keep up at all. 6 W0

Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
if your talking about higher low freq. then your crossover is set too low.  I have mine set at 80hz. and it does really good with the music i listen to..which is about everything.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
i have mine on about 60hz on my deck and about 80 on the amp itself and it pounds like a mother

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic