Illuminared entry/door trigger

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
hey,
One more problem i have. I cant beleive the hassel this car has given me with the alarm. The command start was perfect but the alarm, hassel. Anyways went out today to do the last step of the alarm, illuminated entry. Only heres the thing, for the door triffer i just tapped into the dome light, only i tapped into it beside the drivers seat where the wires run. It works good because all 4 doors turn on the the dome light, figured it would be easier then finding where all the door wires connect. So i try to do the normal illuminated entry with it (the one where the relay grounds the light, as there is alrdy 12v to the light just needs to be grounded) And it worked for 2 seconds then it didnt, finally getting mad i gave up for a minute or 2. and now all the doors (3) except for the drivers illuminate the dome light. Therefore the drivers door is not protected by the alarm. For the life of me i cant figure out what happend. Also now when you command start the car the heater doesnt come on (different problem maybe, but it did work) although it comes one when the the car is in the run position.
Altogether very unsuccessful day.
So my question is by playing with illuminated entry how in the world did somethign with ONLY the drivers door pin go wrong. Is it possible that i hooked up the relay wrongand wrecked the door pin, i have checked fuses and all are alright. It is weird because only the DRIVERS door pin doesn work. Im ready to drive this car through a wall.
Thanks once again for all your help, and i hope you understood this.
Jeff
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
what car are we working on again?
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Devil_Boy 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
The car is a 98' SAturn SL1.
tronx 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  
Ummm.. I've been looking into putting in my own Alarm system. Maybe this is just my car but the Doom light woudn't be the worst place to tap into. Everyone keeps turning off the Doom light! What I was thinking about doing is running the same wire to the floor lights that Ino one can't turn off. All of my car doors when you pull on the doors locked or unlocked trigger these floor lights for about a minute before shutting off again. Maybe this might help you? Good luck!
"Hacker of the booty"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic