icon

'04 GMC Truck, service 4 wheel drive

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
01Cummins 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 1:37 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a Hornet 554 remote start into a 2004 GMC Sierra Diesel I used a passlock for the key and I also data Bus interface for the door locks and arm/disarm. I also installed a 528t for the wait to start light. 

My problem is this,  when remote started the "service 4 wheel drive" flashs on the dash.  If the truck is started with the key everything is fine.  I hooked up 2 ignition and 2 acc. wires for the remote start.  This is all I can find.  Might there be another one? 

Also if I lock the doors with the button on the door panel before exiting, then unlock the doors with the remote start remote it will trigger the Factory alarm.  Then I have to get out and put the key in the door and mess with both remotes before the truck will start.  Did I miss something?  Please help,  I have learded alot about this install threw this board.   Thanks for all the help..

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged  
if i'm not mistaken there are 3 ign wires that need to be powered
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
kgerry 
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  
also, dont lock the doors with the button, use the remote...you have to keep in mind that the BCM and the brain of the 554 dont talk to each other, they are stand alone systems....if you lock the doors with the 554 remote it will tell the data module to arm the OEM alarm and when you disarm it will tell it to shut it down.... you have to keep in mind that the function buttons on the 554 remote toggle, not repeat
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
01Cummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 4:12 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your help, 

I have since changed the wire that goes to the data Bus interface for factory disarm.  I had it wired to a constant ground when remote started and I switched it to a pulse ground.  Seems to work fine now. 

But this "Service 4WD"  is bothering me.  I cant seem to figure it out.. 

12V|red & RED / white     |+ |ignition harness            |

|          STARTER|yellow              |+ |ignition harness            |
|        IGNITION|pink               |+ |ignition harness            |                  Hooked up to one relay from 554
| SECOND IGNITION|white               |+ |ignition harness            |    Hooked up to another relay from 554
|        ACCESSORY|orange              |+ |ignition harness            |      These two next wires share the same relay,         | SECOND ACCESSORY|brown               |+ |ignition harness          I thought this might be a problem?  No other wires that I can find to hook up?  Is this right? 

Thanks again...

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Did you hook the orange and brown wires together. That might be causing a problem, but I would think it would cause the problem even when started by key. I have done a bunch of 03+ GM trucks, only 2 ign and 2 acc wires are needed.
01Cummins 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  

Yes this is correct, both orange and brown are together even when started with the key.  No problem if I start the truck with the key every time. 

This might be something to help figure it out.  Once I installed the 528t for the wait to start light is when the problem accured. 

I might have just figured this out.  I will check to see that all relays are on when "wait to start" is acctivated.  Maybe the alarm shuts one off during this.  Im not really sure.  I dont see why it would, but its something to look into.  I know others have installed the same thing on the same kind of truck with no problems. 

I paid over 500.00 just in alarm and misc boxs (528t, databus, etc.) and traded laber to have this installed and had nothing but problems with it when I got it back.  My truck was in the shop 4 times to try and get it right.  I finally ended up jerking it all out and finding the wiring on the internet for everything.  I reinstalled it the other day, and fixed everything but the "service 4 wheel" that wasnt there before I installed the "wait to start".  Now that everything else works just fine im excited to finally be done with this project.  Thanks for all your help.....

kgerry 
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
you can program the accessories circuit to shut down during wait to start... maybe this feature is "on" and you have to turn it off....   just a thought
Kevin Gerry
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic