icon

remote starter on manual car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hondacivic 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
where i can get whatever i need for the remote starter to work on my manual car is there anything specal i need to do
ammarsunfire 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  

If you want the remote starter to start the car, you have depress the clucth, since this difies the purpose of the remote starter, you'll have to hardwire the clutch switch. The switch is located right on top of the clutch. I'm not sure about imports but on most car's theres 2 wires you just wire them together. This way the car thinks the clutch is always pressed. But you have to make sure that you don't put the car in gear. Other than that theres nothing really speacial u have to do.

Cozz 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
Be careful with  cruise control as it will not work when it sees the clutch down.
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
They make remote starters for manual transmissions. They may require you to do certain things before you exit the vehicle to confirm it is in neutral and the park brake is engaged, but I would highly recommend NOT bypassing the clutch switch. You will only wipe out one garage door, wall, someones vehicle, or someones kid before you realize it wasnt worth it. The manager of our own store thought he was habitual enough to always leave the car in neutral before he ran his car into the store wall....took about a week and a half. Oh and dont forget, if it doesnt make it through the garage wall the first attempt, most systems try 3 times to start a vehicle that didnt start the first time. Please look into buying a remote start for a manual transmission if you havent already. It will tell you all you need to know about what you need to do to make it work on your car in the instruction booklet :)
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 10:24 PM / IP Logged  
There should be a sticky post.  Especially one for remote start for manual trannies.
Even more so for doing a search first and then to ask questions.
mainormoscoso 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

I installed a Mannix sistem for manual transmissions $140 on e bay  good luck

tjdurham 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 10:47 PM / IP Logged  
you can use a ultrastart 1256m for safe manual starting ill send one to you just email me
tj
spyderman_maryj 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
Like it has been posted above, get a system that is designed for a manual transmission.  And be sure all the safety features are hooked up.  Just bypassing the clutch is not cool and very dangerous.  Mine works like a turbo timer where it keeps the car running when you take the key out of the ignition.  Then it stays running until you get out and close the door. (So obviously you have to be in neutral to get out) then it will shut down.  And if at any time you open the door after that it disables the remote start. (It assumes it could have been put into gear)  And if I ever need to leave it in gear like to hill park, once I remove the key, I just have to tap the brakes twice to shut down and bypass the remote start.  Its really completely fool proof this way, and I dont have to go through a whole sequence like some other systems to get "reservation mode."  Someone else here might know better how to do this since I had mine installed at a shop, but I think there is a device you can buy to make it operate like this...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic