icon

98 GMC Sierra head unit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bcuz 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a hi/lo RFconverter on my factory head unit in my 98 GMC Sierra truck.  At the back of the head unit I cut the front speaker wires.  I ran the output of the head unit to my RF converter and I now have the front speakers running off an amp.  Everything is working great EXCEPT the lights for my number 3 and 6 on my head unit no longer work.  Is there a wire on the back of the head unit that could have came loose that would only affect these two buttons?  98 GMC Sierra head unit - Last Post -- posted image.  I am not sure what I may have done, but they worked fine before I did this work.  Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
bcuz
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
That's a new one on me... it could simply be one of those unhappy accidents that happen sometimes...
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2004 at 10:37 PM / IP Logged  
the bulbs that gm tends to use for dash lights and instrument lighting tends to blow out fairly easily from any form of impact or vibration. i wouldn't be surprised if that was the source of your problem here. the illumination wiring at the back of the h/u should affect all the lighting on it, not just 2 of the buttons.
you can consider taking apart the h/u to get at the bulbs, but it requires a fair amount of patience.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic