icon

Jeep Wrangler Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ballajim 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have a denon 6 channel amp and a Clarion dpx1000.2 (hopefully pushing 3 8000 tens) that i wish to install in my 1999 Jeep Wrangler.  I figured that i would need an aftermarket alternator to run this system.  Can anyone give me advice on wiring the amplifiers; guage etc.  Right now i am running a 4 guage wire split into 2 6 gauge wires, do i need to beef up the wiring, add a cap?  Also would it help the current draw if i got a D class amplifier for the subs, versus the 2 channel.  Any recomendations on a model that draws relatively low voltage.     Any help would be appreciated.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Six awg wire? I've never seen that in the car field. Are you sure you are not talking about Eight awg? Well that Clarion amp may want more current than Eight awg can give it. You may want to give that amp four awg.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
doughboy20 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:03 PM / IP Logged  

A good 150 amp alternator will do, but to be extra sure you could also install caps.  Remember, with caps you need 1.0 farads per every 1000watts.  A D class amp and a 2 channel amp both pull the same amount of voltage but the current will be more for the D class cause it can handle more power.  If you can find a 1-4awg in and a 4-4awg out distribution block, that will talk care of your wiring.

Good Luck

1999 Chevy Lumina
Pioneer Deh-p6400 HU
2- Pioneer TS-W304C
2- Pioneer GM-X972 Amps
2- Pioneer GM-X572 Amps
All Pioneer speakers
4- Lightning audio 1 farad Digital Caps
And All Done By Myself

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic