icon

Building a well, need advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  

Hey guys. My plans of purchasing the Civic fell through. I've still got my saturn. So, i am going to build a wall beind my front seats. This will be my first attempt at something like this so I have alot of questions. First, and foremost, for the actual wall piece, could I use plywood? I know plywood is not good for enclosures, but I figured using it is the WALL itself it should be good enough. I am going to go to the hard ware store tomorrow and buy my MDF for the boxes. I am going to make about 1.25cu ft per sub. How do I go about keeping the subs suspended in the air? Will I need some 2x4s to hold them up? or what do you do? Does anyone have any build schematics or pictures that i can look at? I have three subs, and I'm not sure how I want to place them. I think I am going to have 2 facing normal, then the middle one will be reverse mounted. I know how to wire that, but I was just wondering how much different of an air space that sub should recieve than the 2 mounted normally. my brain is fried, thats all i can think of right now. Im sure ill have more questions soon.

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
doughboy20 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Just to let you know about plywood, with time and lots of hard bass it will bend alittle.  If you still want to use plywood for cost purposes, make sure to buy some Dynamat and cover the inside of it.  This will lessen the amount of vibration on the wood.  And for the sub enclosures, follow the specs on the subs for the amount of space inside the enclosure.  And as far and building the wall, if there is anyway that you could build the wall to where the sub enclosures sit on the rear seat, you wont have to worry about suspending them in the air.  Hope this helps alittle and good luck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic