icon

Warn Away sound Viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilwayne23 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged  
I was wondering how to make my alarm send the warn away sound and not just the full alarm on every trigger. Do I need another sensor or is there a setting I need to change???
lilwayne
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:50 PM / IP Logged  

increase warn away sensitivity and/or decrease full alarm sensitivity until you get a good balance. If you cant get something that you like or doesnt seem right try new mounting location such as steering column. (assuming you were talking about the Stinger Doubleguard shock sensor it came with)

lilwayne23 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2004 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
So the Stinger Doubleguard shock sensor it came with controls the warn away sound, I always get a full trigger no warning. I thought maybe I needed another type of sensor???
lilwayne
sroth140 
Silver - Posts: 513
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like every impact is setting it to full trigger, turn down the sensitivity.
MECP certified installer
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 4:48 AM / IP Logged  
Is there a better/more accurate way to tune the sensitivity of either zone, than trial and error? such as knocking the car or kicking the tires? I would like to know. Thanks.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
nope, just adjust it so that a light tap triggers warn away and a good thump triggers full alarm,  shouldn't take more than about 5 minutes to get a good blend...
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
what can we use for a light tap and a good thump? Do we need a rubber mallot to hit the tires or something?
Sorry I am asking because I do not know. Doing this process for the first time/car.   
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged  
use an open palm hit anywhere on the car for a "light tap"  and a closed fist pound for a "good thump".  i try to set shock sensors up to where an impact similar to that of being hit by a car door, triggers the warn away. you dont want a full trigger in the parking lot any time some one bumps the car with a purse or whatever.  a hard hit would be a good smack on the glass.  i test from the top of the rear glass, rear fenders, and tail lights/center of trunk.
MECP certified installer
lilwayne23 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
So what is the best place to put the shock sensor? I still either get the full alarm or nothing at all. I have mine mounted with velcro under the dash.
lilwayne
sroth140 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
i wouldnt let my cars security rely on velcro... i know some owners books say to use it but they dont want you do use screws.  the bes thing to do is pick a sturdy factory wire harness and put a zip tie around it.  ive seen some installers use good black tape and go around it a few times but that makes it hard to move.
MECP certified installer
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic