Headrest mounts

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
devildogmech 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  

Hey all,

My wife has decided that she wants to go with Sound Stream Monitors for our Windstar. I personaly would prefer to get a factory refurb Pioneer, but hey its her car. The problem is, the Sound Stream screens dont come with headrest mounts. Where can I get some, so I dont have to hack up my headrests? Are the Sound Stream Monitors even compatable with the clip on mounts?

TIA

Llajumpvid 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

devildogmech,

I found a good deal on a whole Blaupunkt system on ebay .  the set includes me-1 dvd, a splitter, and two IVMS-7001 monitors.  I bought it just for the monitors and then bought a me-3 dvd player (want the tv option) and I plan on then relisting the ME-1.  the cheapest I found the monitors was $379/ea on the web so getting two for $500 plus the splitter and dvd was a bargain (i thought anyway). do a search for  " COMPLETE IN CAR VIDEO SYSTEM /DVD PACKAGE NEW!!! " I see he has another set listed. Just thought I'd pass it on since I know you've been looking for some good monitors.

LA

Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 1:54 PM / IP Logged  
Oh and they  come with the headrest monting rings and a stand
devildogmech 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2004 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  

LLAJUMPVID wrote:
Oh and they  come with the headrest monting rings and a stand

How do you know they come wth the headrest mounts?

TIA

devildogmech 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks dude, I went and got one. I hope the screens do come with the mounts, if not, I guess I'm going to butcher the headrests! :))
Llajumpvid 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry I didn't check back until now.  The mounting rings that I mentioned are the ones that fit in the headrest, so you will have to cut the headrest to use them!  I bet since they have a stand also that the mounts that snap onto the headrest post will attach to them though.  Hope I didn't steer you wrong, I just thought the monitors were a very good deal......

I've seen the clip on mounts for sale on ebay as well.  I suspect they will work on most monitors like a camera tripod connects.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic