icon

Need more juice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  

I have 2 Memphis Mojo 15" subs.  They are dual 2 ohm.

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
How are they wired?
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 8:38 PM / IP Logged  

i dont know what it is called but they are wired like this.

lets see if i can explain it.  +  -  +  -    this is on the side of the amp,  there is one wire hooked up to the far left positive terminal, and one hooked up to the far right negative terminal.  then each wire a splits into two positive and two negative wires.  then one positive and one negative goes to each sub.

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
i have seen some alts for cheap in summit racing's catalog, i think they will fit your truck too.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
okay i went to summitracing.com and they have 140 amp alternators, now is that gonna be enough juice to power everything well?
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 1:36 AM / IP Logged  
anyone else have any other suggestions......bump bump bump
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 3:33 AM / IP Logged  

if i read it properly, he's got them wired to .5 ohms ohm. That might be the problem. I think... i forgot what amp he said he had. Let me get this right... what you are saying is that, from the positive end of the amp the wire goes to the positives on the subs, and the negatives goes to the negatives? right? alright, how do you have the subs them selves wired? positive to negative, or positive to positve? (series, or parallel)

1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 4:38 AM / IP Logged  
the mojo amp is only stable at 2ohms
Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

The Pimp from Chitown is right.  You apparently have your subs wired in parallel-parallel and that will result in a 0.5-ohm load.  The MOJO amp cannot handle that low a load and that is why your amp is cutting out.  Assuming the amp you have is the 16-MC2000D, it is a mono amp stable to 2-ohms.  Your subs need to be wired like this:

Need more juice? - Page 2 -- posted image.

iwmaudio 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
If interested in a high amp alternator, just let me know the year, make, model, and engine size and whether or not it has a/c or not and I can let you know what we can do...Most of those old cars have at most a 61 amp alternator which isn't much of anything...For those old style alternators, we can usually build either a 160 or 200 amp alternator in a 1 wire set up...So just let me the specifics and we can go from there...
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic