icon

gps2000

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
markcars 
Silver - Posts: 662
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone here have the GPS2000 on their vehicle and can tell me about how good it is or is it not worth it?
rudbwoy69camaro 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 12:58 PM / IP Logged  

I wanted to know more about the GPS too.  I would like one in my truck.

http://www.carsound.com/UBB/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002009

tcool 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

I have had the gps2000 for about 2 years. The features are great, and I love being able to track your car from the internet. It gives you lock/unlock, horn honk, vehicle shutdown and an accessory (which I use for remote start) via phone or WWW. You can program it to notify you via phone or email for several conditions: low battery, vehicle alarm, stolen vehicle (i guess vehicle alarm while moving), vehicle at prolonged excessive speeds. You purchase "uses". and are charged a use or 2 for each of these actions. The uses are roughly $1 each depending on how many you buy, and they expire after one year. When you run out of uses, you may no longer access your account. However, you are still charged uses whether you request notification or not for some things. I was working on my alarm last night, and battery went low and I tripped my alarm while checking several times. The system charged me over 20 uses for all the notifications I didn't want. I will call Omega tomorrow, and I'm sure they will recredit my account, but it's still a pain. It's still pretty cheap compared to some of the monthly fee services, which are very expensive for the occasional user. Hope this helps, let me know if you find something better ; ).

bzzzzttttt
markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
I wish the "uses" did not expire each year. Still contemplating.
blackmagicwrx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  

do you happen to have a copy of the installation manual? I want to move a unit from one car to another but there are no authorized dealers in my area.

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
1-800-554-4053
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
blackmagicwrx 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 19, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

always the easiest way huh? LOL

diesel25 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
tcool wrote:

I have had the gps2000 for about 2 years. The features are great, and I love being able to track your car from the internet. It gives you lock/unlock, horn honk, vehicle shutdown and an accessory (which I use for remote start) via phone or WWW. You can program it to notify you via phone or email for several conditions: low battery, vehicle alarm, stolen vehicle (i guess vehicle alarm while moving), vehicle at prolonged excessive speeds. You purchase "uses". and are charged a use or 2 for each of these actions. The uses are roughly $1 each depending on how many you buy, and they expire after one year. When you run out of uses, you may no longer access your account. However, you are still charged uses whether you request notification or not for some things. I was working on my alarm last night, and battery went low and I tripped my alarm while checking several times. The system charged me over 20 uses for all the notifications I didn't want. I will call Omega tomorrow, and I'm sure they will recredit my account, but it's still a pain. It's still pretty cheap compared to some of the monthly fee services, which are very expensive for the occasional user. Hope this helps, let me know if you find something better ; ).

I am quite interested in this alarm as well..  What does the remote look like and so forth?? Have you had any problems with the alarm?!?!  I always hear bad things about this alarm because it is made by Omega..

diesel25 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
tcool wrote:

I was wondering about this alarm myself.  I have heard dont buy it because it is an Omega product.  Have you had any issues with it?!?!  What does the remote look like?!?!

markcars 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  
did you hear not-so-good news about Omega products? I would like to know as well since I have some omega products.
I don't think the gps2000 is a remote that you have, but its a device you put in your car(or truck) and can be activated/tracked via satellite via internet. David might be able to give you more info on it.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic