icon

system opinions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
I Am 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys how does this system sound well for a cheap system anyway.....Pioneer Deh-P8250 head unit.......two mb quartt 4x6 in my doors.......6x9's don't know......kicker 150.2 amp......running a kenwood 12inch....(i know its not great but ya....what should I get for 6x9's and are my 4x6's alright...I am on a budget so I already have the sub and amp.......the head unit is on lay-away until tuesday...and the rest... well I need some help......is the head unit any good......
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys can someone help me please....I drive a 2002 sunfire.....I am very new to the car stereo world and I need some sound opinions...........
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  

OK, you asked for opinion so here's mine.  I hate all Pioneer equipment, but if you like the HU then it is fine as long as you are not looking for excellent SQ.  The Quart 4X6's are very nice and are a good choice.  Kicker makes OK amps, and for the price they are hard to beat.  Kenwood subs are complete trash.  If you want 6X9's that will match the sound of your 4X6's, get a set of MB Quart coaxials.

xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
(thumbs up) anything with mb quart in your car sounds good! :) i have mb quart 3.5's and 6x9's they sound amazing. what type of kenwood sub are you using?! and i think your head unit will be just fine. i would get an extra amp to run your front and rears, the amp wont be working as hard as your deck would, and your speakers would sound alot better too. plus you dont wanna blow them either when your running them off the deck!
xTimx
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 4:57 PM / IP Logged  
ok...thank you both I was lookin at the MB 6x9's and well I can't afford the price they do however sound very nice......the sub is KFC-W3005....my g/f bought it for me...and I was lookin at another amp to run my fronts....but once again I am doing this in stages....i have 800-300 for HU-leaving me with 500$ for speakers and install.....the 4x6's I am getting a good deal on because they are on display....I figure around 120 for the pair......
I Am 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  
no one has an opinion for me.....
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 3:04 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not too sure as to what you are looking for? 6x9s? Infinity makes a good speaker, they arent too expensive. Check them out. I dunno what else you needed. sorry bud.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
94bonny 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 9:47 AM / IP Logged  
are you buying the pioneer head unit cuz you think it looks good, or because it has the right specs for you? i would do a little research and maybe look into an alpine HU, they have great controls over your sound , i would even look into a kenwood HU before i would go pioneer
Alpine cda 9813
jl 500/1
eclipse aluminum 15"

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic