icon

Remote wire for 03 Trailblazer w/ pics

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
itchyfishnv 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  

"I'm not much of a fan of fuse taps, but cool tip I guess always nice to have options.

Remote wire for 03 Trailblazer w/ pics - Page 2 -- posted image.
By the way I hope lots of installers aren't using this trick. Clean that thing up! Later,
Mike"

Reply: Exactly like said above... you cant see it with the seats down... the rest of the installation was all done under the carpets (pics below) so you can't see any wires until you lift the seat.

Cant see any wires here... (besides the needed obvious)

and right here you have no clue its even hooked up....

itchyfishnv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, Ok, its cleaned up for now Remote wire for 03 Trailblazer w/ pics - Page 2 -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 7:20 PM / IP Logged  
Well here is my opinion that I'm sure others may agree with, and it's not to knock you at all either, you obviously know how to install, no question about that, but your attention to detail and thoroughness of install is what I would question. Just because a wires or wires cannot be seen does not mean that do not need to follow proper procedures. This attention to finer details that may never be seen is what sets my shops out from my competition. My work driving around every day in any customers car can be critiqued by all who see it, and another shop will jump on that wiring mess and pronounce the job as inferior and say you paid how much for that. The point is that this attention to detail is what sets apart a good installer from a great installer and a stereo shop from a great stereo shop.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
itchyfishnv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  
No offense taken but, Yeah i know what you are saying but you own or work a stereo shop I just did this in my garage im not out to impress people with how clean it looks nor do I do it for a living or do any kind of competition (as you can probally tell)  I think its fine for just an everyday average joe looking for some extra bass, not looking to pay massive amounts of money for a "professional" install from a local stereo shop.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  
True I do own a stereo shop or two, but I once was in your shoes and never ever in a million years did I consider that I would actually be this involved with car audio. Nonetheless the attention to detail that you take now may pay off huge for you in the future. Take the time and clean up that wiring, that I way I can sleep at night.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
When you tap into a fuse like that, doesn't it change the amp draw on that circuit?
itchyfishnv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
It would change your amp draw no matter where you tapped it... but remote wire doesnt draw that many amps, it only turns on the amp.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic