Addition of screens to existing system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dlgreene 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2004 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I'm new to the forum.  I would like some information regarding adding 2 headrest screens to an existing factory rear entertainment system. I currently have a  2004 Lincoln Navigator, which has the rear entertainment system, and I would like to install headrest screens for the 3rd row seats and a  front passenger rearview screen, while utilizing the existing equipment which is ceiling mounted with a 5" flip down screen.

I have another question of the individual headrest screens with dual inputs, can these be used for gaming, while other screens are watching dvd movies within this existing system layout?

Thanks

girl_navigator
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

How's it going,

First of all, good luck trying to find info on adding headrest screens to the factory system. I posted almost the same question about a month ago and no one seems to have done this before.

I am installing headrests in my 2004 Escalade ESV w/ factory rear entertainment system. I don't know if yours is the same, but the problem with mine was that the only way to get video from the factory dvd player to the headrests is to splice into the wire harness going from the dvd to the drop down monitor. In other words no rca outputs.

If yours has rca outputs than yours will be easier.

As for your dual input question, yes you could use the headrest monitors for gaming while you watch dvds on the drop down screen. Both headrests will be independent if hooked up properly.  Watch a dvd on one and play games on the other.

If you give me some info, I might be able to help you out.

Does dvd have rca outputs & where is it located (overhead or underseat)? Mine is located overhead which made it that much harder.

What type of headrest monitors, pre-fabricated or self installation?

What type of front passenger screen and where will it be installed?

jaheim 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  

Im not too sure about factory DVD and flip downs but you can buy a video switcher and a video amp and hook up all 3 lcd's to a video amp. If the factory dvd has a output you can buy a switcher with 3 inputs, one for the dvd and you'll have 2 remaining outputs for a video game system or something like a tv tuner later on. For the headrest monitors I would look into buying prefitted lcd's in oem factory headrests. Most high end monitors come with 2 inputs, so you can have dvd and ps2 or xbox hooked up. Check out vizualogic or savv.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic