icon

Cruise Control on 04 trailblazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Trinity 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
???? on installing a Cruise Control on 04 trailblazer, the question i have is i hurd all you have mto do is remove steering column panel and install new switch itself and plug and go, since everything is already ran on the computer....... need help and would appreciate it.
later
DanDan 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2004 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
Thats right. Go to a gm dealer and purchase a new arm with the cruise. Replace the switch assembly with the new one and your done.
DanDan
QuantumX 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
The GM part number is 12450067
I'm not speeding, I'm qualifying
the_buzz_Man 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: April 22, 2004 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  

Can anyone verify this just to double check. I was questioning a local gm parts dept at a dealership here if this is all that was needed, and he stated that if your vehicle did not come from the factory with cruise control, then you would need to change out wiring harness and add a BCM (total price of parts would be over $3000 according to him). I figured they were feeding me a line, so I checked with a local auto store that does cruise control installs, and he stated the same thing you are saying, that all they would do is change out the switch on the steering column.

I just wanted to double and triple check this before ordering the part.

Also, how hard is it to install. I wouldn't want to set off the airbag or anything. I have done a lot of stereo installs in cars, so I am a liitle technically inclined, but never messed with a steering column.

Thanks for the input.

the_buzz_man

the_buzz_Man 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2004 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
I have ordered the new arm with the cruise for the trailblazer, but it shows that it is "special ordered" No telling how long it will take to come in.
In the meantime, since my wife travels like 100 miles a day, would it be possible to swap the arm with the one on my 2002 Sierra? Are they interchangable? If so, I will swap them for now and put the new one on my truck later.
I hope so. Thanks for the info.
the_buzz_man
QuantumX 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Accordning to my information they are NOT the same part...... I would wait for the corect one. It should not take that long we order them all time.
mark mcj 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:07 PM / IP Logged  

the_buzz_Man wrote:
would it be possible to swap the arm with the one on my 2002 Sierra? Are they interchangable? 
I hope so. Thanks for the info.
the_buzz_man
Cruise Control on 04 trailblazer - Last Post -- posted image.Cruise Control on 04 trailblazer - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry I do this stuff 10 hours a day and sometimes I find other's problems funny. Thanks for the laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mark mcj
QuantumX 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
If Your Pick up was a 2003 you could switch the arms, but the 2002 will not work in the 2004
the_buzz_Man 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

I wanted to thank everyone for their help with this. I did hold off swapping them ( I realized that the hazard buttons were different), but the install went well. Once again, thank you for the info.

the_buzz_man

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic