icon

1992 corolla instrument panel

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fredtx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 1992 Corolla.  The instrument lights don't work nor the counsel lights.  Does any one know or have the specifications for the voltage measurements which should be applied to the dash dimmer switch on this car?  Or is there a simple wiring diagram I can get of this implementation?

Thanks

Fritz

stro720 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2004 at 4:46 PM / IP Logged  
did you check the fuse panel for a blown fuse? i had a 91 and it (dash lights) --along with the clock, radio and cig lighter, which are on another circuit blew a couple times.  throw a muti-meter on the powered side of the dimmer switch, if the fuse was not blown, it should read close to 12 volts when turned all the way up. the voltage should change, accordingly when turned down.
what do you think would happen if you hooked that wire to that wire :D
fredtx 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for replying!!  I have investigated the fuse deal.  Non are blown anywhere.  I pulled them all since the one associated with the instrument panel was fine.  I even checked them for shorting with an ohm meter.  This dimmer has 3 wires associated with it .  The 12v wire, and then what apears to be a triggering wire for the transistor to drive the this device.  At $109 I can't believe thisdevice fails.  This is why I am looking for the reason they have the 3 wires, and what I should see on them.  So I am still looking for a better understanding of these wires and connections.

itmdtr 
Copper - Posts: 131
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 26, 2004 at 6:20 PM / IP Logged  
I sent the diagram to you via: PM
itmdtr
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2004 at 4:25 AM / IP Logged  
If you want a complete diagram of the cluster look into a Chilton manual or Hanes manual for that year.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic