icon

2004 Trailblazer Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeffersonwa 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 2:31 AM / IP Logged  

I have purchased a new HU to install in my 04 Trailblazer.  I have been reading through the forum and seen a few issues with the install.  I just want to clear up a few things before i partake in this install.   Is it the Pink wire that I will need to tap in to for switched power?  Will this allow my HU to stay on when the key is removed until the door is opened like the factory HU? I have purchased the PAC SWI-X to retain steering wheel controls.  Any idea on how to retain rear controls as well? Will I also lose my door chimes? I've heard rumor about erratic airbags.  Is there any truth to that?

Sorry for the 101 questions just trying to get all the facts before I begin.

Any help or info that you could provide would be greatly appreaciated.

Wayne

jeffersonwa 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2004 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  

I also forgot to mention there is no Bose system installed.

Thanks

elpuma817 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
if you use a relocator harness to relocate your factory radio, it will not be used, but you will retain your door chime and other oem features.... the large pink wire is your ignition when you run the switch wire. Does the TB have onstar?
and as always...test every wire....
evolutionoftym 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
you can use the relocator kit.....or Metra's MET-GMRC01 it retains door chime while not having to hide the radio.....it also gives you an accessory wire so you don't have to run any wires from the ignition harness......
sneyeper 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
evolutionoftym wrote:
you can use the relocator kit.....or Metra's MET-GMRC01 it retains door chime while not having to hide the radio.....it also gives you an accessory wire so you don't have to run any wires from the ignition harness......
The GMCO I believe does the same thing ... retains door chime and key out operation until door opens.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic