icon

My newest box design with 3d image

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
framedragger 
Copper - Posts: 105
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
can u send me the file for that program by any chance?
Disaster092 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, can't do, it's like a 50meg+ program, also it costs over a grand.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 11, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
I would think that carpeting the inside of the slot port would change it to an unknown quantity...you could not have a true measurement of its size.  There would be these carpet fibers all over the place.  The air, too, would rush across the fibers, causing vibration.  Can't see it as a good idea, from an acoustical standpoint.  Aesthetically, it might be pleasing.
alex75 
Copper - Posts: 134
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 9:50 AM / IP Logged  
Tight looking design. DIY all the way!!  Your box is very similar to one of my designs except I don't have that cool program to animate it.  I totally plan on making slotted ports for my next box-how do I determine correct size? Do slotted ports differ accoustically from round? 
Disaster092 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
I found a slot port calulator similar to the one used on this site. http://www.carstereo.com/help2/Articles.cfm?id=31 Use the bottom calculator. It determines the length needed for a given height / width / desired freq. tune.
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

first off, carpeting the inside of a port will not change the sound, carpet is not a solid object, sound can go through it and it does not take up hardly any space so it's not going to change tihe dimension of your port,

second, what frequency are you tuning your ports to?? if you tune it to low you'll blow you subs apart. different subs can handle different frequencies, the rockford stage1's are the lowest rockford model and they don' t sound that great vented, why don't you go sealed.  i sell rockford so i am very familiar with their capabilities.  and instead of 2 8's why not 1 10.  you could probably get 1 10 stage  for about the same price as 2 stage1 8's  if not cheaper. 

third, slotted ports, round ports, and square ports all have the same output, there is not one better than the other it just depends you box size and tuning frequency. 

also if anyone needs any boxes built, you can send me the specs that they need to be and i can built it and ship it.  price would be material x 2 + shipping and handling.  MDF is not very expensive so you're not looking at a lot of money, a box for 2 12's would probably cost you around $50

what!?!?! you want some??
Disaster092 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 12:50 PM / IP Logged  
This isn't going to be my personal use box. It is a school project, so i'm trying to cut costs as much as possible, but at the same time have it sound respectable. I might end up going sealed, i have just always loved ported for the low bass handling. This sin't my first box that i am building either, this is my 7th box. So i know my capablities and i know what to do and what not to do. The tuning is at 35hz, i belive, i dont have the specs in front of me, so i'm not 100% positive on that, but im pretty sure.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic