icon

eq by-pass switch on audiocontrol EQT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirtdr 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2002 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged  
You might have seen on another post that I am flush-mounting a pair of EQT's into the roof of my jeep. I just realized a problem. I will have full access to the equalizer controls, but the eq bypass button is gonna be inside the enclosure. Is there a way that i can run that switch externally?? Is is just a matter of soldering in a set of wires and running to a push-button on/off switch??
GlassWolf 
Copper - Posts: 365
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2002 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
you should be able to modify it by carefully desoldering that switch and wiring it externally, yes. use heatshrink and such and solder well, so you don't introduce noise.
other option is to fiberglass the roof module for the EQTs, and leave the button exposed with a thumb-shaped recess.
-GlassWolf
Pioneer Stage-4, Orion, DynAudio, Fi
dirtdr 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2002 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  

ok... given enough tim i will eventually figure things out... but thanks for the input..

I have decided that once my eq pod is done, I am gonna drill a small hole to line up with the eq bypass button and epoxy an extension onto it to have control from outside without removing the cover.. It will kinda be like the odometer reset button on your speedo... It's an idea for now-- I dont feel comfortable hacking up a nice piece of equip like the eqt.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic