icon

88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Snipe22 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 5:41 AM / IP Logged  

Ok first I just wanted to say you guys are life savers and information here is Gold to me since I have learn alot ok now down to business lol

Ok I have 2 problem that I just can't figure out I just purchase a Galaxy 5000RS2W Plus with remote start include in it well my problem is that in the starter defeat/Anti- Grind diagram it shows me this

88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

what cofuses me is that there are 2 yellow wires (+ ignition) in the alarm wires since there is a yellow wirer in the 6 pin harness that is for the remote starter option (+IGNITION OUTPUT) & a yellow wirer label ( +12v Ignition Input )20 pin main harness and my question is which one do I use for the starter antigrind relay the one in the 6 pin or 20 pin harness? since the diagram doesn't specified which one to use and if I use only one of the yellow wires for the starter antigrind setup, where should I connect the other yellow wire? also the violet wire comes from the 6 pin harness and the orange wire is located in the 20 pin main harness, so when I cut the ignition switch (to starter) do I just solder the violet wire, (TO Starter) wire together without any fuse or diode or what can I do lol and my second question is the main harness asks for a positive door input and for a negative door input and where are these two wires located in the car i looked everywhere for the info but I haven't found anything about it, do I just use the positive dome light wirer for both +/-? lol almost forgot to ask this other question this car had a cheap alarm system install that was not factory just connected to positive and negative battery terminals what I wonder is that when I pop the trunk and the alarm was activated it didn't sound at all but when i pop the trunk it sounded the alarm so why didn't it sound when the trunk was popped and is there a way to make the alarm know the trunk is there?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :D thanks in advance88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

Snipe22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 5:49 AM / IP Logged  
almost forgot to ask this in the wirer diagrams for the car it saids the power door lock is pink and yellow and the unlock is pink and yellow well I found the unlock wirer, but when I looked for lock wirer at  drv kick panel I couldn't find it so I look at the main harness comming fromt he door and still nothing so i was wondering if  maybe the wirer is coded differently or i don't know where it could be lol, also for the tach sensor do i need to run a wirer straight from the coil to the alarm wirer, since that is where in wirer chart saids or could I find the wirer somewhere inside the car behind the dashboaard? and my last question is since I can use 2 of the auxiliary outputs for anything could I add a second starter defeat or what else could i use them for?
Snipe22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 2:31 PM / IP Logged  

CAn anyone help with any of my questions please 88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
the one labeled ouput would need to go to the relay....output means it sends out a certain type of polarity. in your case its a +ve type...you can follow the above diagram.....input means it will only read the polarity on that wire when the key is turned on. you need both + and - to work a relay. the orange wire is your - and you will get your + from the yellow output wire.
you will have one or the other for the door trigger..in your case you have a + trigger and it can be found as:
Dome Light BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+) AT PIN SWITCH OR COURTESY LIGHT
most alarms will detect when power is pulled from the battery ie: the trunk opening and the light inside of the trunk turning on. if you dont have a light, then you will have to hard wire it.
here is the door lock info....if you find the unlock wire, then you have to find the lock. they run together...
Power Lock PINK / YELLOW DRIVER KICK #201
Power Unlock PINK/LIGHT GREEN PANEL * #203
Tach Signal DARK GREEN/ YELLOW AT COIL
use can use the other channel for:
trunk release
window roll up/down
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Snipe22 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 3:57 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help Draasch I connected only the positve input for the door, finally finish all connections today but will test it later tomorrow lol I don't want to wake up the neiborghood if something goes wrong will post later today if it works or if I  have failed 88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image.
Snipe22 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 5:17 AM / IP Logged  

*UPDATE*

Well everything works fine on the alarm side of the system haven't try the starter option yet since battery died lol but I do have a problem with the door lock & unlock (Keyless entry). I was reading on door locks and got confused, so I want to know do  Mercury/Ford use reverse polarity or they use something else?

I was looking at reverse/polarity but I am not sure if that is the right setup for this car, so if  anyone can point me in the right direction that will be great lol I was trying reverse polarity but I just notice that I need all 5 points and the relays that they only have 4 point but they are still SPDT 30/40 amps but they don't have the 87A point so I was wondering if there is any way to use them since in reverse polarity that point is use and same thing in my car alarm diagram. any help will be greatly appreciated

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 10:08 AM / IP Logged  
Power Lock PINK / YELLOW DRIVER KICK #201
Power Unlock PINK/LIGHT GREEN PANEL * #203
* With OEM Keyless Entry See Note #201, Without OEM Keyless Entry See Note #203. It Is Common For Lock & Unlock Wire Colors To Reverse. #201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
Snipe22 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  

draasch wrote:
* With OEM Keyless Entry See Note #201, Without OEM Keyless Entry See Note #203. It Is Common For Lock & Unlock Wire Colors To Reverse. #201- See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram. #203- See Reversal Rest At Ground Door Lock Diagram.

Ok I don't understand what you mean with the #notes this car has power locks that came with the factory is not an aftermarket system so what you are saying is to use the 88 Mercury Sable alarm/remote start - Last Post -- posted image. (4 Wire Reversal Door Locks) or (Actuators / Reverse Polarity) which one since I need to finish this thing as soon as possible lol and can you please tell me if I can use a 4 pin SPDT relay isntead of a 5 Pin relay since that is all I got for now is the 4 pin relays thanks in advance .

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

did the car come with keyless entry from the factory? Yes then you have a - system

If it came without keyless then you have 5 wire or Reversal rest at ground

If you have anymore questions i sell Scytek(Galaxy) alarms so PM me i can help

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic