1991 Mazda RX-7 Keyless Install and Wire-up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sunshine 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 10:16 AM / IP Logged  

Hello,

This is my first time wiring a Keyless Entry system, so please excuse my ignorance.  I have done basic stereo and autometer gauge wiring, so I am somewhat capable…

Here is my question:

I have an Autoloc KL600 keyless entry system that I am trying to install.  The Brain has the following outputs –

6 – Channel Outputs, 2 of which are Lock and Unlock

Key On accessory
Starter/Ign Kill
Parking Lights

As you can see, there is only one Negative Lock and one Negative Unlock, and no Negative arm/disarm that I can use for the factory alarm, which my car has installed.  (1991 Mazda rx-7)

The car uses a reverse polarity switch in the door, and I have 2 relays I will wire to the actuator that I installed.  Now, I think I can split the keyless’ output “lock” negative to arm factory alarm and trigger the lock relay.  To disarm it I will just use the keyless' negative output to trigger the “unlock” relay and the factory alarm's wire. 

To accomplish this, I will need to diode isolate, but I have never done that before.  Do I just do this by installing the diodes in-line with the two split wires on lock output, and the two split wires on the unlock output?  The stripe on the diode should face the relays, and the factory alarm inputs; and face away from the Keyless outputs?  I will use a regular 1 Amp, 50V diode.

Thanks, and please point out if I am wrong on anything.

-Alex

1991 Mazda Rx-7
Alpine HU w/iPod adapter
PG 600.2Ti, Alpine 35x4
Optima Yellow
cbag1 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  

Yes split the output from your keyless entry system and diode isolate inline to the factory arm/disarm with stripe face towards keyless entry system .

goodluck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic