Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  
the jbl is a great amp
If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:04 PM / IP Logged  
I've use the JBL 1200.1 with the JL 12W7 woofer in a sealed enclosure and it is 100% stable and set off car alarms two blocks away.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  
The Web Site is wrong. The JBL amp is one ohm stable. It even says in the instructions that you get with the amp that it is one ohm capable. In my opinion the JL amp is a waste of money when you have this amp avalible because its gonna give you just as much power at a far better price.
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
Memphis got some good stuff at reasonable prices.
Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
FullForce 
Copper - Posts: 103
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 12:48 AM / IP Logged  
Ravendarat wrote:
The Web Site is wrong. The JBL amp is one ohm stable. It even says in the instructions that you get with the amp that it is one ohm capable. In my opinion the JL amp is a waste of money when you have this amp avalible because its gonna give you just as much power at a far better price.
Dead on. The JBL is 1 ohm stable. There is no power increase from 2 to 1 ohm which is a good thing. As far as the JL amps go, it comes down to status. Its kinda like a Harley Davidson. Not nearly as good a bike as the big 4 but hey, its a Harley so the cost is high. My suggestion nearly always comes down to the JBL amps unless someone just has money to blow.
ksin291 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 7:39 AM / IP Logged  
Here we go again with the whole "The JL is too much money, the JL is good is you have money to through away" argument again. Look I'm not knocking the JBL amp, in fact i've recommended it several times but to say that it even holds a candle to the JL amp is ridiculous. Remember that JL gaurantees that you are gonna get a 1000 watts from 11-14.5, in the end it comes down to the same old statement, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Besides I can get a JL 1000/1 local from an authorized dealer for a very reasonable price, I wouldn't go to Cartoys and get jacked for one when I could pay hundreds less.
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

My BP1200.1 sucks.  I had my 12w7 in a sealed enclosure, made to the exact deminsions on the w7's PDF from the website.  It was terrible.  The jbl amp does not like seeing the 3 ohm load.  I have had the jbl for a while and had many subs on it, but the 12w7 did not work good at all with it. 

I just had a slot ported box built to some JL specs that I got.  ANd a local shop is lending me an alpine v12 mrd-m1000 to try with it.  I am hoping that this works out.  Otherwise I am dumping the w7 for something else that has a better ohm option then 3.  maybe if is was a dual 3 ohm like the 13.5

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic