the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

stereo wont work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2004 at 11:54 PM / IP Logged  
Gotcha.  But in an 87 Chevy, constant +12V is orange and switched +12V is yellow.  So there should be an orange wire, and the "memory" lead from the HU should be connected here - along with the "Battery" lead if there is one.  If there is no orange wire in the vehicle, it has been modified or it is a non-standard setup.  Use the recomended trusty multimeter (Thank you John Fluke) to figure out which it is.  There has to be one.
Shootem up870 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 6:33 AM / IP Logged  

CLEAN INSTALL wrote:
DYohn its a 87 fullsize chevy I beleive....in a previous thread he stated that he was told that there was no reason for there to be a constant wire...(im assuming that the factory stereo did not have a clock or station preset)

all true^^^

the harness that comes out of the radio has a 12volt constant wire coming out of it and is fused. there is a separate plug that came with the adapter harness for the 12volt constant. the only thing is that there is no plug for the 12volt constant to go in to

Shootem up870 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  
and yes i have a multimeter. now how do i test again and wherestereo wont work? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image.
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 6:35 AM / IP Logged  

there is a separate plug that came with the adapter harness for the 12volt constant,

is that the other harness that connects to the factory harness?

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Shootem up870 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
there is nothing else for it to connect into. all the wires have been connected except the yellow 12volt constant plug b/c i do not know where to connect it into. so i think i have to run a wire to the fuse and connect the12volt constant to it
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  

I wish I knew where one was for you under the dash stereo wont work? - Page 2 - Last Post -- posted image., you should be able to find one though, you will want one that is hot at all time, except it will not be hot of course when the key is in the start position.

hopefully some one sees this thread and has worked on on 87 chevy fullsize pickup,  good luck

I

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic