icon

RF4112 cutting out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
walty220 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  

ive got my he2 12 matched with  a 402s wired in series for a 4 ohm load. 400 watts rms. today im goin along and its cuttin out and that, sometimes itll play,and others not. so i check my grounds and connections, and everythings good. the amp has output i checked that. k so its the sub.

if i wire another speaker and put its wires up against those of one voice coil, the sub and the other speaker play... if i put the wires up to the other voice coil... nothing. so i presume that my one voice coil is messed up... but why would it play off and on if this is the case? the custom car audio shop here in town also told me this is my problem.

1983 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds
--------------
Pioneer Premier DEH-P360
KICKER K35 & K410 Speakers
KICKER KX150.4 Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate PUNCH 1200W Amplifier
Rockford Fosgate PUNCH 800W 12" HE2
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2004 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
If the problem is a bad speaker voice coil, it cound certainly cut in and out like that.  The VC might be loose, there may be an intermittent open in the winding, lots of things.  The most common cause for this symptom, though, is gains set too high and the amp shutting down in protection momentarily.  But if you're certain it's the speaker voice coil, replace the speaker.
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 2:39 AM / IP Logged  
Yea, if u have a friend with a system, just ask him to try it on his car. It's probably the easiest way. Just make sure his amp has the protection feature (dont wanna blow fuses) good luck man,
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic