icon

IDQ10 & Soundstream RUB500-1?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Coeus 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2004 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  

Well, I am looking at getting the IDQ10 D4 v2 and powering it with a Soundstream Rubicon 500-1.  Not sure on the specs for the Rub, but how will this workout?

Also, I have Focal 165V2 & 165CV, with no amp.  Should I just get a 5-channel since the IDQ RMS is 250W?  Or is two seperate ones better?

I am hooking this system up for SQ in a Dakota Club Cab.

Thanks and hopefully I get some good feedback this time.

cdjr 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

I'm looking at using the same setup and would also like to hear any comments.

I already have the Rubicon 500/1.

If you wire the voice coils parallel, then you end up with a 2 ohm load.; the Rubicon is rated 400W at  2 ohms.

The IDQ10 is rated at 250W RMS, so I'm thinking that this would be a good match.

IDQ10 & Soundstream RUB500-1? -- posted image.

cdjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:42 AM / IP Logged  

Didn't see a way to edit my first post so here is new post.

I also have a Rubicon 600/4. I had planned on using two channels to power my components (80W) and then bridging the other two for the sub (300W). Then I got a good deal on the 500/1 so I may just bridge the 600/4 to give me 300W each side for the components which can handle  added power.

My thoughts are that this would give me better SQ from the components, plenty of headroom and some added flexibility.

I'm also doing my setup for SQ.

IDQ10 & Soundstream RUB500-1? -- posted image.

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:45 AM / IP Logged  
I think you are my new friend, please tell me that you have an Eclipse or Nak cd player and good front components. The old Rubicons were some of the last good Soundstream amplifiers, from my hands on with the new stuff last week, well, let's just say that I will not be selling it this year in either store.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
westend 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
That makes three of us with the same. Me=rubicon600.4 and 2x IDQ v2 D4 ,no components yet but planning on CDT CL-61a's. I guess Ill use 2 channels for the fronts and rear fills (midbass undecided) and bridge 2 channels for the subs. No hip-hop for this guy. My wheels='03 F-250 cc.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
CDT speakers are OK, I personally would head into MB Quart, Diamond, SEAS or Focal for a sq setup. My wheels 01 F350 cc and a 93 MR2. Working on the MR2 right now and have a start on the road train. Pic's if you need now that I have a new digital camera.
westend 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 12:59 AM / IP Logged  
Working with a budget here. I'd like to keep the components under $200. Are any of the mid-range MB Quarts under $200? Took a gander over to Forbidden and noticed you carry the Eclipse HUs. Do you ship to the lower 48?
cdjr 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  

I really should stop this and go to bed! IDQ10 & Soundstream RUB500-1? -- posted image.

I have the Rockford Fosgate (Denon) Platinum 2000Ti from SoundDomain. Listen to mostly Jazz and Classical CD's. Had seriously considered a Nak but the "Denford" looked really interesting. Had no interest in the "carnival" looks of most HU's out there.

Components are still up in the air. Dynaudio, DLS really look good and want to also look at the new Alpine Type X, a lot depends on the budget (doesn't it always!).

forbidden 
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
As an authorized dealer it is not in my best interest to sell to you in the US. Warranty is void for you there + we get it up the behind as I have to buy it from a distributor who buys it from Eclipse USA. The US pricing is better from an authorized dealer for you and your warranty is valid as well. I personally feel that the CD player is the most important part of a system, but the speakers are what you will listen to all day long. I would bet that with the new pricing we have on MB Quart here in Canada, that the US price cannot be too far off. MB Quart discus 6.5" components are worth $379.00 CDN this year, down from $599.00 CDN last year. Something tells me we will be selling way more of them this year. Enjoy good sound, buy MB Quart or similar, a good worth waiting for step above the CDT's
forbidden 
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  
Sorry for the thread jack Coeus.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic