icon

Solo x and PPI

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 9:30 AM / IP Logged  
ok my friend has a PPI PCX1500 its rated at 1000w rms @ 2 ohms but it pushes way more my question is will this amp supply enough power to push a solo x 18 or possibly a 12 or 10?? thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
The PCX1500.1 is a decent amp and the 1000 watt rating is a TRUE 1Kw.  Sure, this will "push" a Solo X, but not anywhere near its lmits.  If you are really ready to spend over $1000 on a pure SPL 100lb woofer like a Solo X, then spend the money on the right amp for it as well in my opinion.  If you're looking for that hard-kore competition-level SPL that the Solo X can produce (and forget about anything that even resembles SQ) match it with a competition-level amp like an Orion 2500D or a SOundstream 5000D.
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  

well my friend wants to run 1 solo X and his 2 current L7s

so... 2 l7s off of his pcx1500 and then and orion for the solox???

DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
That would work.  In fact, that way you could keep the Solo X beast turned off unless you are competing.  Trust me when I say it is NOT a speaker you will want to listen to every day...  :)
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
You must don't like hearing anything around you
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
netboy 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:13 AM / IP Logged  
Dude, that is going to be LOUD
Memphis MC-1300
2 12" JLw6v2
Diamond audio M3 6x9
Diamond audio M3 5.25 components
Audio control Matrix
Carputer
BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  

ok wut would u suggest

the ppi pcx1500 or the 801s fosgate?

BangBang 
Silver - Posts: 287
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 5:11 PM / IP Logged  
Whats' that I can't hear you over the bass!
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
DYohn 
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 6:06 PM / IP Logged  
That link is to an auction for one of the best car audio amplifiers ever built, bar none.  Absolute top of the line.  The description is not an exaggeration.  Check Loren's other auctions for the matching head unit.  This is the system I would put in my car if I was building another system (and had the friggin' ROOM for it!)
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic