the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

’98 olds intrigue ungo remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fosgate3 
Copper - Posts: 328
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 12:53 PM / IP Logged  

doing an ungo ms 2005 remote start system. 12volt's diagram shows two door trigger locations in the car. does anyone know a simpler way to grab the door trigger other than running to the rear and to the driver's kick? is there a way to get all the doors at the driver's kick?

also, 12volt's diagram suggests using a diode on trigger. well guess what: i am out of diodes. how mandatory is this step? I understand the purpose of a diode: to let current flow one way but not back through. do the triggers on the doors let current go back through? I guess it could if it has to tell the computer that the door is opened... any thoughts?

Fosgate3 
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

same car as in my previous post about the door trigger (98 olds intrigue) but different topic: the ungo ms2005 has a purple wire as the "starter output" which should tap into the wire that goes out of the ignition switch to the starter relay to start the vehicle. 12volt shows this wire as a yellow wire which is where I have this tapped in at. I have also tested the function of this yellow wire using my DMM: it works as it should.

The problem is that when the alarm prepares to start, it is not sending the 12volts needed to the purple wire. what is even more odd is that when you hear the relays in the alarm click over to send the voltage, nothing happens and when they click back over to prepare to try again, I intermittently get 12 volts going through the starter output wire.

any ideas about this?

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
you may have a blown output on the ungo. I would check again and make sure thats the correct wire for the starter and that its does nto show voltage when trying to start.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
Fosgate3 
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  

I will check that. Do you think that the "brake pedel switch" wire on the ungo has to be connected to anything first? the car starts with and without the brake pedel depressed. The installation manual does not give any info on whether this wire is necessary or not.

G

Fosgate3 
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
in fact, do all the wires need to be connected in order for the vehicle to start? I am testing that feature of the alarm without the door trigger wires connected (b/c I do not have the recommended diodes to put on the wires at the moment). I don't know if I need to do anything with the hood pin switch wire either....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic