icon

multipul wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dilligaf 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2004 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  

I asked for some advice one b4 and got exactly what I was looking for, so thanx for ur help on that subject. But I'm back two more questions. The first is for my two underbody kits.

I've got two underbody kits. A blue liteglow kit (which works with my keyless entry and alarm, and a white Streetglow kit wired to a switch.  The battery in the Saturn ION's comes stock in the trunk. Theres already a small hole in the trunk so i used that hole to run the wires to the battery. Heres my problem, in order to get all the wires wired to their distribution block (provided with the kit) I have to run the wires along the bottom of the trunk and throught that little hole. When done, if you stand behind the car, maybe 15 ft away, you can see the wires running along the bottom of the trunk. In order to keep from having 16 wires (8pos. and 8 neg) going along the bottom of the trunk, and through that little hole to reach their distribution block, I wired the rear light for each kit into its appropriate block. Then I wired the two sides and front of each kit together. (the blue kit:: I took the pos and neg wires for the two sides and the front and wired them together so that I ended up with 1 pos, and 1 neg wire and ran that to the distribution block, and did the same with the white) The lights are fine, they work with no problems. My question is, should I redo all of this and run the pos and neg for each tube directly to its port on the distribution block or am I good the way i have it?

The second question is about my interior lights.

They are wired the same way. all of them (now 4 leds in the air vents, 2 white leds in the rear view mirror in place of map lamps, 2 nine inch lights under the dash, and 2 six inch lights under the seats) all wired to one 4 port (4 pos. and neg. ports)distribution block. Should I change this?

What I was thinking was running a pos wire for each of these lights directly to the battery and using one large terminal to connect to the battery. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. Does someone have some advice???

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
I would have suggested that you simply grounded the wires to the nearest chassis points to reduce one of the wire runs, and in the process reduced the chance of wire schaffing, and the loose noodle look.
The power wires, again could have simply been brought to the lights via one large diameter power wire through the hole in the hole mentioned, and simply tapped off with a fused power distribution block.
Simple, safe, effective, and clean in appearance.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Dilligaf 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  

this top pic is they way the kit should be wired, the bottom is the way i have it wired.

multipul wires -- posted image.

The way i figure it is that the distribution block is devided up into 4 sections, one for each light, and each terminal gets enough power to run one light effectively, is the way i have it making the front, and two side lights lose power?

Dilligaf 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 6:27 AM / IP Logged  
http://www.angelfire.com/oz/uselesstuff/pics/wiring2.JPG sorry, pic didn't work the first time.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic