Honda Accord 2000 locking problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
l9nux 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I've got a UK Honda Accord Type-R, and I've been wiring my Clifford Concept 300 in this weekend. Whilst working on the central locking, it developed a fault:

1) When I unlock the driver door it won't unlock any other door although I can hear relays click in each door.

2) When I lock the driver door it only locks one other door providing the others remain locked. This only works when I push the driver door lock, not the remote.

3) If all the doors are locked except the driver door, my Honda remote locking locks the driver door. But this only works if I manually lock other doors first.

Has anyone got any idea of what's happened?  It must of been something I've done, as at the time I was trying to find the lock/unlock wires by the driver side fuse panel. I've checked all the fuses and they're all ok. I don't want to have to take it to Honda as they'll probably charge a fortune, could it be a faulty relay? 

Please help!!

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 11:06 AM / IP Logged  
disconnect the door locks from the alarm and see if they work like they should ....
i dont know if this info will you:
Power Lock BLACK/ WHITE 2 PIN GRAY CONNECTOR IN #201
Power Unlock GREEN/ RED DRIVER KICK PANEL (LX MODEL) **
**EX Model Access Door Locks At Passengers Side Multiplex 20 Pin GREEN Con Unlock BLU/ORN (-) Pin 4 Lock BLACK/ ORANGE(-)Pin 16.Behind Lower Cover. #201 - See Negative Pulse Door Lock Diagram.
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
l9nux 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  

I hadn't even connected the door locks to the alarm yet as I was just testing which wires were for lock / unlock.

I don't know if I've blown something, but to test the door lock wires I put a positive into the WHITE/ RED to lock it and the same again on the GREEN/ RED wire to unlock. I did this first inside the driver door (on by the relay) and it locked and unlocked all the doors as expected, great I thought! It's when I did this to the same wires, but in the fuse box it all stopped working properly.

I notice that you said BLACK/ WHITE 2 PIN GRAY CONNECTOR for the Lock. Is this what I've done wrong?

Whats very strange is that when I use the Honda remote (not the Clifford as it's not wired up yet), all the relays in each door click, but the locks won't move. The same goes for unlock!!??

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  
You should be looking for wires that need a negative pulse to lock and unlock the doors. It sounds like you went to the motor wires for the drivers door. Applying 12v directly will cause problems like blown fuses or damaged components. You need to use relays and 5-wire (sometimes called 5-wire reverse polarity) the motor wires if you are gonna go with that method. But there is no need to do that unless you want to unlock the drivers door first when you hit unlock and then the rest of the doors when you hit unlock again.
I don't have info for a 2000 UK Accord, but this is what I have for the 2001.
Power Lock      blu/wht or pnk/blk        (-)       grn plug, bottom of fuse box
Power Unlock      grn/red or grn/org        (-)       grn plug, bottom of fuse box
It appears the wiring for the UK versions is different than the US versions.
Does your car have a factory alarm, or just factory keyless?
You might want to check for blown fuses, you probably have one.
l9nux 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  

I've checked for blown fuses and can't find any which probably means that something is burnt out. It's got a factory fitted remote, and I'm not sure if it's actually an alarm, although a red led does flash when the doors are locked.

I'll book it in with my Honda service shop this week and get them to have a look, and when it's fixed I might just add my own lock motor to lock the drivers side which will also lock all the other doors. What do you think?

Here is my car, is this the same as the US Honda Accord Type-R??

Honda Accord 2000 locking problem -- posted image.

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
The US doesn't have an Accord Type R. Over here, the EX model of the Accord has a factory alarm. There is an led indicating when it is armed that is located next to the lock plunger on the drivers door. The only way adding a motor to the drivers door will lock the other doors is if pushing down now on the lock plunger (not the switch) locks the doors.
I would look for the wires I listed above. Over here the 2001 Accord is identical to the 2000 Accord....same in the UK? If you can find those wires, hooking up the locks will be easy.
l9nux 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:21 PM / IP Logged  

Yes the 2001 Accord is the same as 2000 over here in the UK. Do your Accords look like the one in the photo above?

Pressing down the lock plunger does lock all the doors, or... it used to when it worked!!!  -  So far I've checked fuses, wiring, relays and can't find anything wrong, but I bet there is a faulty relay somewhere in there.

I was even thinking about fitting the remote engine start, but with the transponder in the key I'm not even going to bother with all the work I'd need to put into getting it working!

This is a great website by the way, if anyone else has any idea's too then let me know as I've tried everything I can think of!

bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
You have remote door unlocking in that car just like in a hyundai because its a UK car or it may not easiest way is if oyu can lock and unlock all doors from the drivers door. If it was working before your start testing wires you must not have been using a DMM and were using a test light. You may have blown the relay in the dash testing the wires. I dont know were it is in the Type R, i believe that its up by the instrament cluster. i have not working on a Uk car since i was in the army so i may be a bit rusty.
"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic