icon

96 Cirrus door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tint_audiopros 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
Im' adding a remote start with keyless entry to 96 chrysler cirrus.  I understand for the 96 cirrus you need a positive trigger thru a 620 ohm resistor for lock and a 2.7k ohm resistor for unlock. Is the cirrus a single wire system or a 3 wire positive ? Do you need relays for this application if so why not use factory relays? ALSO, the factory alarm disarm wire is the same as factory alarm arm wire? Says to use (+) trigger thru a 940 ohm resistor to arm & a (+) trigger thru a 470 ohm resistor to disarm again why must you use relays for this ? If i need relays for both these applications does anyone have a reference guide that would help me out ? i would appreciate it !!  
bmf1000d 
Silver - Posts: 345
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  

Yes you must use relays for this application. here are some diagrams for you

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note217.pdf

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note211.pdf

"Big" Mike
Double Take
Fremont, Ne
remember to check all your wires with a dmm not a test light!!
i take no responsibilty whatsoever for the vailidty of the info nor consequences thereof
tint_audiopros 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  

Cool, I just happen to be installing a deluxe remote starter by designtech in this 96 cirrus. For the door locks I can tap in @ the drivers kick panel or is it recommended to take off the door panel ? Will adding resistors for lock and unlock at the drivers door control all 4 doors ?? This vehicle i believe has the black sentry key but no need to bypass the alarm ? Any details I would greatly appreciate. thanks

Alias 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  

I'm working with the same deluxe remote starter by design tech for my 99 intrepid.  When I called the customer service number, they stated that it's a single wire system and to look for the white with light green wire in the drivers kick panel.

I'm basically stuck at the same place as you with the door locks and also the alarm input.  I have no knowledge of relays or resistors.  If anyone has any assistance I would greatly appreciate it. 

tint_audiopros 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 11:11 AM / IP Logged  
yes the WHITE/ green wire can be found in kick panel you need 2 relays for lock & unlock
DODGE, INTREPID, 1999, Power Lock
Locks are positive trigger through resistors. Use 2.7K (2700) ohms for lock and 620 ohms for unlock

DODGE, INTREPID, 1999, PARKING LIGHTS
Use a 110 ohm resistor to ground (-) for parking lights and a 220 ohm resistor to ground (-) will do both headlights and parking lights.
DODGE, INTREPID, 1999, Factory Alarm Arm
Arm is positive trigger thru a 1.87K ohm resistor, this will also lock the doors. Disarm is positive trigger thru a 680 ohm resistor, if use double pulse this will also unlock the doors. Must use relays.
Alias 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

Ok...Will I need to add both relays and resistors?  Or just one or the other?  And how do I hook them up?  Aye Tint, since we're doing the same thing basically, can you tell me how you hooked up the one you're working on?  If any one else has anything to add...Please do...Thanks

tint_audiopros 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

You will need both relays and resistors. If you haven't already tried calling designTechnologies you should do so they will provide you with specific info about the vehicle your installing the designtech unit in. They will tell you what ohm resistors you need and where to add them as well as for your power door locks. Check out their website

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note217.pdf

http://www.designtech-intl.com/Content/techsupport/documents/section04/note211.pdf

Alias 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 10:42 AM / IP Logged  
A'ight Tint...I got the info I needed and have the keyless entry working...Thanks for the assistance....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic