icon

IP Bus - Does it matter what order?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bhays 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
Does it matter where in the chain different devices are plugged in with IP Bus? I have the following components to install and I want to know what order to put them in..
DEH-P860MP Head Unit
DEH-P7300DVD Screen/DVD
GEX-P7000TV Tv Tuner
CDX-P2050VC Changer
I know the 2050VC will do tv stations by voice control, etc. I can't find anything to tell me if these have to be in a certain order on the IP Bus..
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
If you are just daisy chaining everything then it shouldn't matter. You might want to check your manual to make sure if you haven't already.
bhays 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 9:53 PM / IP Logged  

customsuburb wrote:
You might want to check your manual to make sure if you haven't already.

None of the manuals for any of the individual items show the exact other items in the diagram...I know that the blue from the 7300dvd has to go into the female on the head unit, but other than that I have no idea.

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
Does everything go directly to the head-unit or does it daisy chain? If it does daish chain and you have to hook up the dvd player first then you might try connecting the cd changer next or the tv tuner and see if the order matters.
bhays 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2004 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  

customsuburb wrote:
Does everything go directly to the head-unit or does it daisy chain? If it does daish chain and you have to hook up the dvd player first then you might try connecting the cd changer next or the tv tuner and see if the order matters.

It's a daisy chain.  If I can't find out ahead of time, I will just have to try trial and error.  I was hoping someone knew what order things had to be in ahead of time. 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic