icon

LED Location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dfiddy 
Copper - Posts: 162
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
A simple question...Where are some cool places to put warning LED's (besides centre of dash)? I know that new VW's have them right near the lock on the door panel...that's kinda cool...any others?
1nicemustang 
Copper - Posts: 89
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2002 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  

yeah the vw idea is cool...i was thinking the same thing tonight...where should i put that bad led anyways?? anybody??

Lee
-=Jason=- 
Copper - Posts: 46
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2002 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  
on my alarm install I put my led under the clear plastic that covers your guages. it looks very clean and it seems that the clear plastic intensifies the flash somewhat.   
JASON
par3721 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2002 at 3:02 AM / IP Logged  
on chevy trucks that have the clear red colored hazard button on top of the steering column is a great place for one. you have to shave the sides of the led to make it fit but its great lookingLED Location - Last Post -- posted image.
Uggy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2002 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
I don't use the LED. I use an incandescant flasher and have the bulb mounted on the glove box cover in the hole where the lock was. It  flases about twice a second and is bright enough that it reflects off the interior of the truck and can be seen at night from anywhere near the truck. I can look out ,my window, about twenty feet from it and see the reflected flashes. The flasher is a discarded unit from a street repair marker.
Uggy
carguy411 
Silver - Posts: 683
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2002 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  

i usually put in on the stering colum. anyone looking in to the car hast to look near the steering wheel at some point.

also on my truck i bought those hyper leds' in read an d put it on the side of the dash. so when you close the door it showers rightthrew the window. also the place i put it it refectls off my side view mirror and it looks like one is in there '

kinda cool

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic