icon

new cd player

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
97neon 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 10:50 AM / IP Logged  

im not sure which cd player to choose, im deciding between pioneer premiere or alpine. out of the pioneers i want the deh-p860mp and the 960 or the deh p8mp, alpine- cda-9835 and 9813, 9833,

thanks guys

DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I am admittedly biased here, but in general Alpine has much better sound quality than Pioneer.  If you are shopping for sound, go for Alpine (or several other brands.)  If you are shopping for features, go for whatever has the bells and whistles you want.
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
well, my local shop only sells pioneer clarion alpine and sony decks, and i donlt like sony or clarion, so it;s between those 2 brands, i want sound quailty, i like looks, but i would rather buy the deck that sounds better, the pioneers though also have 6.5 volt pre outs, the alpines only have 4, and the new pioneers now have the time correction thing that the alpines have, anyone else
pdzcallday 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 1:02 PM / IP Logged  

I work for circuit city and i see both of them. I have had both of them and I have to say i have always herd better sound quailty from alpine. The cda 9835 is a very nice cd player. It has alot of options like the I-personalize...

In the end I would go with the Alpine. If you are looking to have xm also alpine now make a cd player with xm built in check it out it is the cda 9820

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
See thats kinda funny because in my personal car I have used Alpine and Pioneer cd players and I would say that the Pioneer cd players have always sounded better by a fairly large margin. I always sell my friends pioneer when they are looking around as well
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 2:21 PM / IP Logged  

I, like Dyohn am also biased, I would head out for a road trip and buy an Eclipse, if one cannot be found, then the Alpine - knowing full well though that the preout voltage is not what it claims. Good sq but a little weak on the sub preout.

Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Sweekster 
Silver - Posts: 481
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
I second that!!! Go with Eclipse. If not, then alpine would be my second choice.
Duane...
If you think you're confused, imagine how you feel.   new cd player - Last Post -- posted image.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 3:01 PM / IP Logged  

If the Eclipse price point is brought into the picture, then there is no longer a choice, really.  I'd go for Nakamichi!  new cd player - Last Post -- posted image.

To comment on Ravendarat's comment, though, is something I preach at people all the time.  Buy what sounds good to YOU.  You're the one who has to live with it, after all.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 3:58 PM / IP Logged  
I totally agree with DYohn, Its all about what sounds good to you. Generally a store can play 1 set of speakers using two different decks. If the can get them to play the same song on both decks at approx the same volume point. Whichever sounds better to YOUR ears is what you should pick. If you cant hear a difference then start selecting a deck by features.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
97neon 
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 7:19 AM / IP Logged  
thanks guys,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic