icon

Remote starter only starts w/ test light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dj hellfire 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Just got my remote starter back from design tech.  They replaced a defective one for me.  Still has a problem.  The only time it will start is if I hold a test light to the starter pin and push the remote.  If I just push the remote without the test light, my dash lights and radio (ACC) come on for about 2 secs and shut back off.  Why does a test light help it to start?  That doesn't really make sense. 

I have checked my work about 10 times.  I even had a few techincians at my job look at it.  I have the ground wire drilled directly to the chasis behind the kick panel.  I personally think it's just a POS!

ammarsunfire 
Member - Posts: 41
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of car
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 9:14 PM / IP Logged  
Well if you are using a test light that you have to find ground with that could be the reason. You need to re-look at all your connections first after that if you don't see a problem send it back to the dealer.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
Do you have the green loop cut? If not, cut it and try again.
Mike
dj hellfire 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 5:57 AM / IP Logged  

2002 Hyundai Elantra

Looked at my wiring a million times.  Checked it a million times.  Just got a new from the dealer cuz the first one wasn't starting at all. 

Already cut the green loop wire.  Even added a tach signal.

The starter pin of the module just does not seem to put out any voltage to my car's starter.  I put a test light on my car's starter wire and started the car with the key.  The test light only lit up while the key was in start/cranking.  So I am sure I have the right starter wire. 

Remember I said only my dash lights and radio  will come on when I push the remote and shut off after 2 secs?  Well if I connect my car's starter wire to the ACC pin of the module, the car will start, but since that ACC pin is putting out constant power when the module is active, it tries to keep cranking.  So I am convinced that the module is crap, brand new or not.

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 7:06 AM / IP Logged  
Most units have a safety built in....hood switch or something like that...is there a wire that is supposed to go to the pin that you are touching with the test light??? If so you may need to ground that wire....is it for the safety neutral switch??
Can you send me or post your wiring info for that unit??
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic