icon

amp and sub installation

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gavie 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 3:51 AM / IP Logged  
hey there i am needing help on installing my sub an amp into my car, any info on wiring everything up would be much appreciated. thank you.
g.k.k.martin
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 3:58 AM / IP Logged  
ok well first of all things what kind of amp and sub are you using?! make sure to include the model of the sub and amp
xTimx
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 4:14 AM / IP Logged  
yes, like tim said for us to help you will we need to know what you have to install..... amp and sub installation -- posted image.
If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
You also need to let us know if the head unit is OEM or aftermarket.
Do it right the first time
gavie 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  

hi there, ok the sub i've got is a kenwood model number kfc-3005,rms-175w,the amp i'm running is a four channel sony xplod i have not yet got the model number just yet as i am waiting for arrival.the head unit is a kenwood.

g.k.k.martin
gavie 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
oops just about forgot, how do i go about wiring these compnents up into a vehicle. thanks for your help.
g.k.k.martin
xTimx 
Copper - Posts: 354
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
ok. so you have a sub but only a four channel amp!? are you getting another amp to run your sub? is your deck gonna run your components?
cause essientially your should get your 4 channel xplod amp running your components, and get another amp. say a 400 watt 2 channel amp. a good one would be a rockford they have good prices. but if your looking for something really cheap get another sony.
xTimx
gavie 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  

could ne one give me info on how i install the amp, where would it b the best place to power the amp, should i run a cabel from my battery all the way back to the trunk of car. ne suggestions will help. thank you

g.k.k.martin
jbjohn22jb 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 4:05 AM / IP Logged  
Without giving specific information, specific information cannot be given. Sorry, but if you dont know whether or not to run a power cable to your amp, go to a professional. If you keep asking questions like these, lol, these guys are gonna eat you alive. Sorry. But to try to help. Sure, run a power cable to an inline fuse, then to your amplifier in the trunk, if that is where the amp is going. Ground your amp to the frame of your car. Hook your remote wire and rca's up to the amp from your HU. Run your remote wire and rca's down the opposite side of the car from your power cable.  
"I'm only doin' this for ya because I heard that Buffalo Bob guy shoved a road flare up yer bunghole...."
Kenwwod 315s
2 Audiobahn AWI25IT
1 Audiobahn A275HCT
1 Tsunami 1.0
1 Legacy 3.0

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic