icon

wig wag light flashing

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
Without purchasing a ready made unit, what is the easiest way to make two separate lights (front left and right turning signals with separate wires of course) flash alternately? Is it as easy as a two way flasher? And would you want to isolate the wig wag from the turning signals?
Just so I don't get preached at. This is going on a Highway inspection truck.
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
chasesaccessori 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 4:02 PM / IP Logged  
For all those interested I worked out and have now tested this circuit I drew up below. This can be added to any vehical and is very eyecatching especially on a car parked in a parking lot with the alarm going off. I originally designed it to go on a Highway Inspection vehical to add another visual effect for motorists to see the truck. With parts used you save approximately $50 from purchasing a premade unit from the companies.
wig wag light flashing - Last Post -- posted image.
(owner/installer)
Chase's Accessories
Ridgecrest, CA
in business since 92
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  

If anyone is interested you can buy the modules built to do this for around $35.00. The Whelen UHF2150A is a good unit and will work with positive and negative switching headlights, gives multiple flash patterns and will do park lights. It also has high beam override. http://lightbarsetc.homestead.com/Head_Tail_Flashers.html

Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  

Chase, I am trying to do the same, but some of the lines arent dark enif for me to see.  is 87a used?  and does the "L" in the flasher go to 87 of the bottom relay?

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
Thack79 
Silver - Posts: 526
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 9:55 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks man
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
You're welcome ;)
wig wag light flashing - Last Post -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
chrias 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  

Chase,

I have tested your circuit diagram on my 86 Pontiac Grand Prix and it doesn't alternate the lights. It just flashes both hi beams. Any ideas as to why it's not alternating?

I'm thinking of redoing the connections according to this thread:

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=11760

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic