icon

installing an in dash dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
marky mark 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  

sup there guys, first of all I have to say this is a really great site, which has a hella ton of info, much props......

well here is my problem, I got a kenwood kvt911 in-dash dvd as a gift from a homie, now the only problem was that It was missing all the manual stuff, so I cant really see what connections are which. I would like to install the dvd in to a 91 honda accord, I have done the connections to my stereo myself. Now I am wondering is it the same thing as connecting a car stereo to your car or is it a whole different route you gots to go through????

I know that the dvd has a whole grip of wires in which I dont know where they go, does any one have any Idea on how to connect this kenwood dvd into a 91 honda accord , any suggestions will be greatly appreciated......

thanks ,

MARC

Ishinc 
Copper - Posts: 109
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
hey marc welcome to the 12volts,
Here is a link to what all the wires are and where they go, i hope it helps you out! good luck with the install and post if you need more help!
ftp://docs.kenwoodusa.com/manuals/OM-KVT-911DVD-2001-KUSA.pdf
oh, this is the Whole manual to you system. OH yah its almost the same as hooking up a regular cd player.
marky mark 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  

hey thanks alot ISHINC

man that is exactly what I was looking for, thanks dawg,

I do have a question though. It is about the parking sensor wire. Now do I really need to connect the sensor using the relay or will the system work with out the connection of the sensor?????Is there a way to trick the sensor into thinking that the parking brake is engaged?????

Also will I be able to hook up my existing AMP to this dvd system

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
You can ground the parking break lead to your chassis and it should play dvds without the parking break engaged (this is not reccomended though because you should be paying attention to the road and not a dvd playing, SO BE CAREFUL). With that said you should be able to hook up an external amp to this unit using one of the sets of preamp outputs on the external source box.
marky mark 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2004 at 2:51 PM / IP Logged  

ok, question regarding the connections of the amp to the system...... there are different RCA connections listed on the receiver.... This is what it list, ("FRONT" L,R,) ("PREOUT REAR"L,R) and ("NON-FAD"L,R).... Now which one would I use to connect the AMP RCA connections to, or are any of the connections that I listed not for the AMP????????

I am having a dilemma on the Remote wire of the AMP. I really dont know where to connect it to on the receiver. These are my options or wire connections coming from the DVD receiver (POWER CONTROL WIRE blue/white) (MOTOR ANTENNA CONTROL WIRE, blue) (DIMMER CONTROL WIRE,orange) and (EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER CONTROL WIRE, pink/black), well what do you guys think????

sorry for all the questions,

your answers will be greatly appreciated.....thanks

customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
1. The rca connections you listed are as follows: Front L,R= front left and right preamp outputs; Preout rear L,R= Rear left and right preamp outputs; Non-Fad L,R= Sub output. Connect your amps turn on lead to the amplifier control wire (pink/black).
marky mark 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2004 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  

I had the connections like this, amp remote control wire to "POWER CONTROL WIRE blue/white and it did turn on, but you are saying that I should connect the amp remote control wire to the (pink/black ire) which is the EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER CONTROL...... the whole unit is working fine with the way I have it, do you think that I should change the wiring to the way that you are suggesing????? will there be a problem If I dont????

one more thing, My car seems that its been wasting alot of electricity after the installation. The battery has died out like 2 times already. Is having this type of unit in your car supposed to dramatically drain your battery or is it that I just have a old battery and I just need to get a new one??????

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic