icon

Sufficient fuse rating for PCX 2400 Amp

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
oreo lover 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hello.  I was curious to know what size fuse to place in line from the battery for this amp.  I purchased the fused distribution block (Minus the fuses ofcourse) and want to know which ampere value to use.  The 12V battery will be feeding the PCX-2400 Precision Power amp delivering 1600W x 1ch @2ohm into two Premier PRS12" DVC subs.  Each sub will handle 1200W max.  What is the recommended fuse rating to be safe in these operating parameters?  Thanks for your time.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
are you using multiple amps?  what style of distribution block? AGU fuses?  AGU's are only rated to 60 amps, although i've seen a few suppliers that make 80 amp agu's.  or are you asking what to fuse your primary power cable at the battery?
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 5:29 PM / IP Logged  
For that single amp you will need a 200 anl amp fuse like this one.
oreo lover 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 9:07 PM / IP Logged  

kgerry wrote:
are you using multiple amps?  what style of distribution block? AGU fuses?  AGU's are only rated to 60 amps, although i've seen a few suppliers that make 80 amp agu's.  or are you asking what to fuse your primary power cable at the battery?

Yes I am using dual amps but the power splits within the distribution block.  The other amp is the Pioneer Premier GM-X1034 rated @ 4 X 130W Max.  There is one "0" AWG power cable entering the dist. block and three "4" AWG wires exiting.   One for the Premier and two for the PPI.  It is an ANL fused distribution block from Stinger.  I believe the smallest ANL made is a 60 Amp so that is going for the Premier.  My question was actually for the PPI only. 

The maximum current draw for the PPI is 134 Amps.  1600W/12V.  Can anyone explain why I would use the 200 Amp fuse?  Just curious for the correct explanation to be up to speed.  Thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic