icon

1999 chysler minivan head unit problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blaznblue 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 1999 chrysler town and country LX with an infinity sound system.  I wired in a new head unit, but the head unit sound does not work.  The head unit lights up.  The OEM radio/tape/cd unit had an amp gound and an addition two wire connector.  I grounded the amp gound, but I need to know what the other two wires are.  I assume one is the amp remote and the other is battery constant, but I am not certain.  I need an OEM wiring diagram so I can figure out what the WHITE/ black strip and PURPLE / back stripe wires do.  I do not want to install a new amp or speakers.  There must be an easy fix.  I also need to know where my factory amp is located.  I would appreciate anyone with info to please help me, Thank you. 
lagatbezan 
Copper - Posts: 117
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2004 at 6:57 PM / IP Logged  

Did u use a wiring harness to install the new radio?  if you did, hook up the blue wire on the harness to the remote wire of your radio.  That should do it.

The factory amp needs to get a signal to turn it on and off, thats what the blue wire does.  if you didn't use a wire harness( i hope you did), its going to be difficult finding which wire is the remote turn on lead.  maybe someone else will know what color its is.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic